fore

Omono
Reaction score
Nice and healthy Brian. Love the green, still waiting here for those colors ;)

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nice and green.
I love the tree Brian! I guess I already made that clear though...

Have you thought of putting it in a different pot eventually? I don't know why but to me a round drum pot seems to be what this little guy is begging for... Might just be due to that front bit of trunk that LOOKS like the edge of a drum pot with the little knobs on it...

Also, do you think reducing or removing that first bit of foliage on the right side is in the future? The twisty, crazy trunk is the appeal if this tree, and that little branch is kind of blocking the view of one of the most interesting parts!

Great material you have there!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Have you thought of putting it in a different pot eventually? I don't know why but to me a round drum pot seems to be what this little guy is begging for... Might just be due to that front bit of trunk that LOOKS like the edge of a drum pot with the little knobs on it...

Also, do you think reducing or removing that first bit of foliage on the right side is in the future? The twisty, crazy trunk is the appeal if this tree, and that little branch is kind of blocking the view of one of the most interesting parts!
Definitely not x2.
Drum pots are great, but far to static/sturdy for the movement of the tree.
The right branch needs refinement, but will remain partly obscuring the jins. It's all about the peep show.

A shot of it with pot, bark, and Jin cleaned up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 230

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
looks like a pig tail-that jin lol Great tree btw!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Definitely not x2.
Drum pots are great, but far to static/sturdy for the movement of the tree.
The right branch needs refinement, but will remain partly obscuring the jins. It's all about the peep show.

A shot of it with pot, bark, and Jin cleaned up.
It is a gorgeous tree almost no matter what you do it!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Here is a photo of the Itoigawa display from last weekend's show. Couldn't get a good photo there, so I did one more at home.
Itoigawa in a Bigei pot, on an antique Chinese stand with marble center panel.
Accent is sedum(?) and some type of blooming grass, planted in a Tofukuji oribe pot, on a burl slab by Dave Lowman.
I am pleased with the display, and look forward to refining the juniper over time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 211

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I kind of like this shot of the shohin trees before being set up in display. Since it was bumped, thought I'd throw it on the pile...it really needs to be tightened up, which is painfully obvious from this angle.
View attachment 106000
This image will probably eventually make the first page if you Google "American Bonsai" - some kind of drink in a Koozie with a couple To Go Boxes in the background. That's just how we roll! :rolleyes:

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I kind of like this shot of the shohin trees before being set up in display. Since it was bumped, thought I'd throw it on the pile...it really needs to be tightened up, which is painfully obvious from this angle.
View attachment 106000

Is that multi-trunked JM nice or what?!?! Great little creation, Sir ! Did I miss this somewhere?:cool:

Top Bottom