Twisty JBP - Game plan

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Steel Pulse I'm familiar with, have not heard of the other yet. Road trip to Montana w/some compadres........? Hibachi, lighter and a blanket....and sure, some money....your mindfully crafty, fill in the rest...

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
.......who gonna' water yo' trees?.....I can't go anywhere come mid May until February....

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I

interesting and good to know! It seems healthy for sure and it’s already got buds setting for next year.

rain forecasted for the next 3 days here after rain all last weekend. Unseasonably cool and rainy for us. After 70 days of no moisture! Trees are loving it.

I’m headed to Bozeman in August to watch Steel Pulse and Rebelution (reggae) with a crew of good buddies. I’m already apologizing to my body. 😂

Love Rebeluation! Slightly Stoopid is my all time favorite.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
.......who gonna' water yo' trees?.....I can't go anywhere come mid May until February....
Either my honey or my big kids! They do a good job and no how devastatingly angry I would be if I didn’t get to this stuff. They water for my mental health!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love Rebeluation! Slightly Stoopid is my all time favorite.
Im going for steel pulse! One of my all time faves, but Rebelution is really great. Gonna be a great show regardless. I also spent my early 20’s jamming and going to slightly stoopid shows. This is when they played more punk rock at there shows. Like 2000-2004. Drank some beers and smoked with them one time after a show we saw in SF!! Good dudes too!

jevanlewis

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Regarding your curled needles, many of my JBPs have some curled needles on them (this is the first season they are having them). I don't have any strong evidence, but I am attributing it to stress. Here's what they've been through:
1. Move from Seattle to Salt Lake City in the middle of the summer (2021)
2. Experienced their first SLC summer (hotter and drier)
3. Experienced their first SLC winter (colder)
4. Repotted this spring; probably should have given them a year to recover, but soil drainage was poor due to getting clogged with the mulch I used to overwinter them

Despite all the stress they got in the past year, they are all growing extremely vigorously this growing season, which is why I am not too worried. Interestingly, my JRP has zero curled needles, and is growing like crazy and hasn't seemed to care about the above stress. It's probably better able to handle the cold winters. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you see curled needles in future growing seasons.

Here are my JBP pics:
JBP 1.jpgJBP 2.jpg

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Regarding your curled needles, many of my JBPs have some curled needles on them (this is the first season they are having them). I don't have any strong evidence, but I am attributing it to stress. Here's what they've been through:
1. Move from Seattle to Salt Lake City in the middle of the summer (2021)
2. Experienced their first SLC summer (hotter and drier)
3. Experienced their first SLC winter (colder)
4. Repotted this spring; probably should have given them a year to recover, but soil drainage was poor due to getting clogged with the mulch I used to overwinter them

Despite all the stress they got in the past year, they are all growing extremely vigorously this growing season, which is why I am not too worried. Interestingly, my JRP has zero curled needles, and is growing like crazy and hasn't seemed to care about the above stress. It's probably better able to handle the cold winters. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you see curled needles in future growing seasons.

Here are my JBP pics:
View attachment 444059View attachment 444060

This is great info. Thank you. 👍🏻

Top Bottom