Twitch streaming

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hey all, wondering if anyone out there are familiar with or use Twitch for streaming for whatever purpose be it gaming or something else. It can be a tad complicated and I haven´t got my head around all of it so was hoping someone with more experience could offer advice on any questions that may arise or maybe just use the thread to discover new streams.

I only joined up to follow a DJ doing sets during lockdown but it´s a rabbit hole for sure, seems to be a popular place with some big names streaming during lockdowns and all.

I guess firstly are there any bonsai peeps out there streaming on Twitch out there, I´d happily tune in if I knew of anyone and give them a follow and maybe a sub if their good.

Also anyone familiar with simple overlays for streams or more specifically how do I get a simple transparent chat on screen, not too worried about any other graphics but the PS4 chat box is too invasive and other skins are just that too.
Another thing is what is the deal with Prime gaming, is that connected to my regular Amazon Prime and I just link it or do I have to sign up and pay extra for it. I´have seen that you can sub for free with Prime gaming but honestly have no idea what it´s all about.

Anyway if anyone can shed some light or just wants to share their channel or anyone elses of interest please do, I´ll happily give you a follow in return for a follow if you drop your @tag.
My net is crap and play with no mic so whatever I stream may not be too enthralling, I don´t expect anyone to watch an hour or two of a fishing game yet strangely some do. lol. Maybe I can figure hosting out for better content.

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi

I followed an American singer called Terra Naomi from youtube to Twitch, Like you I find it difficult but then, Switching my phone on isn't easy for an old technophobe like me! 😬 :confused:

John ☺

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Don't know what twitch is, so I never tried it.

Apologies, I saw this on the weekend but our internet went out and forgot.

Basically twitch is just a website or app similar to youtube but focuses mainly on live streams.
So when you see someone doing a live stream on youtube or facebook Twitch is more of a specifically catered platform for the live streamer. It started off as mainly a thing for gamers to stream whatever game they are playing but more and more it´s being used by bands, dj´s and people with some kind of content to offer. It´s a bit more of the wild west compared to the others too, you don´t get taken down for copyright issues and, well, when I type ´Gardening´ into the search it´s full of people live streaming their weed grows. lol

But I reckon it´d be a good place for a bonsai person to utilize, you can interact with your audience with the live chat and there is also the option for viewers to subscribe to the channel or make donations because they enjoy the content on offer which surprisingly from what I have seen people do more often than not. It won´t make you rich but in my opinion it is THE best option for anyone wanting to live stream a demo or anything really. Especially when you can´t reach your normal audience because of the rona.

Top Bottom