Two identities

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A few weeks ago I posted here and also made the same post on Facebook. A Bonsainut member here asked why I had two identities, one on Facebook and one on BonsaiNut. I thought it careless of this member to post my name here, when it would seem obvious I that I rather not use my real name. I let a few weeks pass before I responded.

I follow the policy on Facebook is to use my real name and identity. When I post in the bonsai sections there under my real name, any friends, and sometimes even "friends of friends"in my locality can see my name and the trees that I own. ON bonsainut, I also try to keep my name and locality vague.

My Facebook post may end up on a the newfeed "facebook friend" or aquaintnace, allowing local people to see my trees some, (way too few), might be considered valuable and invite theft. So I am careful what I post on Faceboook and try not to advertise my trees to nonbonsai kind of people. I hope to limit my exposure to potential theft. That is why I use two identities.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I don't really mind... but, I think it is wierd to use a fake given name... If my name is Max call myself Carl on this site and Max over there, my guess is it just takes time to get used to it.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
You are a stand up guy and a valuable member here. I don't care why you do it. It's your business. The world would be a better place if everybody kept their nose in their own...

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
You are a stand up guy and a valuable member here. I don't care why you do it. It's your business. The world would be a better place if everybody kept their nose in their own...
True that.

Do some people call you barry?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My name is really Irving.
Not really.
To me you will always be Barry. Bonsai Barry that is.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Besides 2 identities is better than 2 personalities.

Top Bottom