Two Shohin Mugo Videos

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I know that these videos are still pretty rough but I am just looking to share my love of bonsai with you guys. Both of these Mugos started life in one gallon nursery containers at about the same time. They are both about 10 inches tall and seemed to survive this last incredible winter fairly well. I hope you like the Video or at least find it tolerable. Usually you don't see many Shohin Pine bonsai let alone Mugo Pine. I have included a photo of the second of the two Mugos as it was in 2000.

[video=youtube;Y3X2zFQZ7uY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y3X2zFQZ7uY[/video]

Attachments

• ShohinMughoApril2K.jpg
    ShohinMughoApril2K.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

small trees

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
The first one will be quite interesting in a few years.

That second one is awesome! Tons of character packed into a small size. And who knew it began its life as a chevrolet? :p

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow,that second tree is my favorite.What a great progressin.Thanks,the videos are way cool.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Vance, Both trees are awesome. I especially like the chevy! Are you planning on changing the front on the second one? I like 4:30-4:32 as a front. Just my .02 cents. Either way keep em coming!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Vance, Both trees are awesome. I especially like the chevy! Are you planning on changing the front on the second one? I like 4:30-4:32 as a front. Just my .02 cents. Either way keep em coming!

I agree this is probably where this tree is going. Sometimes when you start putting a tree together into a bonsai you don't realize how well it is going to end up----just not the way you thought.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I like the second, but I don't see where you are going with the first. That being said, I await to see where you are taking it. I wish Mugo would grow here in the deep south so I could apply some of your techniques, but I have tried and the just won't make it, too hot.

John Lee

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
I love them both. Loads of character.

Top Bottom