Types of Rock Accents

LoriAnn

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
EST
Morning All!

Having had fish for many years, I am aware that there are just some stones/rocks you do not put in an aquarium as they can bleed into the water. I was wondering if there are any rocks/stone, etc., to stay away from with Bonsai trees as well. My daughter has given me a Shark's tooth, as well as some type of quartz and crystal to put in my pots. But it did get me thinking... Thoughts?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have never thought about it because I don't often use rocks with my trees. I would assume the biggest risk would be copper or salt. Quartz isn't going to hurt anything.

LoriAnn

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
EST
I have never thought about it because I don't often use rocks with my trees. I would assume the biggest risk would be copper or salt. Quartz isn't going to hurt anything.
I can understand the copper response, not using a fixture made out of copper, but the salt? Could you give me an example of what might have a salt problem with it? Thanks for the response!

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
A rock from the ocean or sea side. Especially if it's porous.

LoriAnn

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
EST
A rock from the ocean or sea side. Especially if it's porous.
Thank you! I always did fresh water aquariums for fish so that was nothing I ever touched. For some reason I thought they were talking about something different. I just may be over thinking this. Again, many thanks.

Top Bottom