Typhoon update

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow, looks like it could have been quite a bit worse, but sorry for the trees/pots that got damaged. Glad no one got hurt!

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Too bad...

So far, we don't have typhoon here, but when there's a storm and we lose some tiles on the roof (It never happened to me, but some of my neighbours had had this sad experience) of find a broken pot with a tree with broken branches, it can be very distressing.

Bon courage, I hope it won't be too bad, that you can fix things rapidly.

"some decided to go for flying lessons" : good to see you've kept your "vis comica" ;)

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow, looks like it could have been quite a bit worse, but sorry for the trees/pots that got damaged. Glad no one got hurt!
Thanks a lot of folks came to help after so things have tidied up a lot.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Too bad...

So far, we don't have typhoon here, but when there's a storm and we lose some tiles on the roof (It never happened to me, but some of my neighbours had had this sad experience) of find a broken pot with a tree with broken branches, it can be very distressing.

Bon courage, I hope it won't be too bad, that you can fix things rapidly.

"some decided to go for flying lessons" : good to see you've kept your "vis comica" ;)
Fortunately things won't be too bad and those that went for flying lessons seem like they will make it.

Thanks for the nice words though! 🤭😊

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Good to hear it's not to bad for you.

I watched the news on TV. For us here the Bahamas is a remote place where reality-TV programmes are shot, sun, sex and rock-bottom stuoidity.

The people there live on several islands, in many places, people have no home, no food, no idea of what's the future for them because theyve lost everything. Including relatives that have been washed out with their earthly possessions. It's really terrible. No one can be indifferent.

I used to play this song by Joseph Spence, the only tune I've ever heard from the Bahamas. It was easy-going, open D tuning, very cool.

Many different versions on the web, I didn't know it was so popular outside my microcosm :)

How can I help?

Pray? That would be hypocritical. I think it's like homeopathy.

I mean, for years I've contributed monthly for a small amount to severals NGOs (not "charities", echhhh....)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I watched the news on TV. For us here the Bahamas is a remote place where reality-TV programmes are shot, sun, sex and rock-bottom stuoidit
We went to the Bahama's last year for our anniversary. It was beautiful, and the people there were lovely, friendly people. I didn't see any reality TV stars, nor any rock-bottom stupidity. There was sun and as for the other one, well it was our anniversary.......... Seeing the horrific damage there hurt my heart for all that live there.

Top Bottom