U.S. National Bonsai Exhibition Album Arrives!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The 2nd US National Bonsai Exhibition was a success and was held in June 2010. There were 226 bonsai on display representing 27 states and several public collections. Every bonsai in the exhibition was professionally photographed as well as the demonstrations and other activities. The photographs and text were completed in September and sent to the printer in China. The owners of the printing company came to visit me recently to discuss the high quality of the photographs and printing. The slow boat from China arrived in New York City late on Friday.

I'm very pleased to announce that the commemorative album arrived in Rochester, New York today at 10:30 am. By 2:30 pm over 200 of the commemorative exhibitions albums were mailed. All the envelopes were addressed beforehand to make this process go quickly.

The commemorative exhibition album of the 2nd US National Bonsai Exhibition makes an excellent holiday gift for yourself, friends and your club's library. There is still time to receive the beautiful commemorative album before Christmas. The commemorative album is $65 plus shipping, US $5, foreign $15. The 2008 1st US National Bonsai Exhibition Album is also available at the same price.

Please contact me at the address below for ordering information.
WNV@internationalbonsai

I'm certain this commemorative album will be an excellent addition to your bonsai reference library.

Bill

Attachments

• ALBUM-COVER-WEB.jpg
    ALBUM-COVER-WEB.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 45
  • PAGE-19.jpg
    PAGE-19.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 58
  • PAGE-150.jpg
    PAGE-150.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • PAGE-18.jpg
    PAGE-18.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 65

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there an advantage to having it printed in China?

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Heavens yes. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Al,

When you see the quality of the printing and photos you see why we chose a special Chinese printer for the US National Bonsai Exhibition Albums. This issue is comparable to any Japanese bonsai exhibition album, and when I gave them away in Japan, their friends wanted to purchase one for themselves. That does not happen too often. Even Mr. Kimura sat down and looked through the entire album.

Of course the price was a consideration too and is why were able to keep the price so low. If printed in the United States the retail price would have been approximately $125.

Al, l'd like your thoughts when you see a copy of the 2nd US National Bonsai Exhibition Album. It is superior to the first edition in 2008.

Bill

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
This Exhibition Album is excellent! Its broad variety is one of my favorite features. There are Bonsai from all parts of the country, Imperial size Bonsai that took 6 people to move, tiny but exquisite Shohin Bonsai, flowering trees, interesting bark,ancient collected to cutting grown masterpieces,amazing jins and shari to quiet deciduous trees with fantastic ramification and stunning nebari. The styles and variation of styles, historic Bonsai to Bonsai by talented Artists you probably have never heard of.
Of course this was not an accident and it has made this book one you will enjoy reading for years to come!

Mark

Top Bottom