Uh-oh... I think I posted in the wrong forum. ....but..... possible literati

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
perhaps it can be remedied.

I posted in the "STYLING" forum and maybe should have posted it here.

I ....think.... I "see" a literati in this pine. It's a volunteer from a JBP yard tree in my old house.
Presently, it's not what I want. It's just what has "happened." šŸ™„

Anyhow, here's some pix.

Bnut, if you want to move the thread, please do so.

What think about doing a literati with this?

1l.JPG2l.JPG3l.JPGLvirt.jpg

Last pic is kinda what I'm thinking for shortening and jinning the left middle branch.

???

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
It will go to the bonsai group for opinion tomorrow so never mind
šŸ˜“

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well...

It does have a skinny trunk. But itā€™s still a young tree. Literati are old trees. They are supposed to depict the ā€œwisdomā€ and ā€œexperienceā€ gained (earned?) by having lived and experienced a long life.

So, while the style is usually characterized by a tall, thin trunk, thereā€™s more to it than just that.

clem

Chumono
Reaction score
Is it still possible to make some curves with a big wire ? If yes, i guess it would give your tree a better trunk line

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Had to tether the fall as it wanted to split.
But heavier wire is a good idea. Will try it in a while. I fully agree but this tree is 20+ years old. Seed from a JBP growing in yard.

Ever use small copper tubing?

Last edited:

clem

Chumono
Reaction score
i only use aluminium wire, but i guess a 6mm aluminium, or better copper wire will make it possible to bend a little this trunk ? i would try anyway and if the result is disappointing, you can remove the wire (nothing to loose trying). For example, i would try to do that (virtual) and let the crown grow more and remove some opposite branches with time ..

bunjin2.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ever use small copper tubing?

Just don't try to cut it off with standard dikes.
The smashing and consequent ovaling will have a higher potential for damage than wire.

Sorce

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
i only use aluminium wire, but i guess a 6mm aluminium, or better copper wire will make it possible to bend a little this trunk ? i would try anyway and if the result is disappointing, you can remove the wire (nothing to loose trying). For example, i would try to do that (virtual) and let the crown grow more and remove some opposite branches with time ..

got some 6mm. It works. Needs some time. But did bend it. Amazingly tough trunk!

Couldn't find this kind.
il_570xN.1428044078_mz83.jpg

Top Bottom