uhmm, possible sexually explicit photo - do not open this thread

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Well.. It's not blue when damaged, so it's not a magical mushroom and not worth your time.
For identification of fungi you'll need to wait for them to open up. Use a piece of black paper to catch some spores (just lay it beneath the mushroom whenever it's opened) so you can ID the color.
Most likely, it's this one: https://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/feb2002.html

Mushrooms are a sign that your soil is doing well: it's damp and not wet, there is microbial activity, there is breakdown of organics, temperatures are on point, there is fresh air.
Ask any mushroom grower, and you'll learn that it's pretty difficult to get them to 'flower' when we intend to.

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
Well.. It's not blue when damaged, so it's not a magical mushroom and not worth your time.
For identification of fungi you'll need to wait for them to open up. Use a piece of black paper to catch some spores (just lay it beneath the mushroom whenever it's opened) so you can ID the color.
Most likely, it's this one: https://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/feb2002.html

Mushrooms are a sign that your soil is doing well: it's damp and not wet, there is microbial activity, there is breakdown of organics, temperatures are on point, there is fresh air.
Ask any mushroom grower, and you'll learn that it's pretty difficult to get them to 'flower' when we intend to.

That's some awesome information! Thanks for that!

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Leucocoprinus birnbaumii I bet.
It’ll probably flower tonight. Pretty mushrooms...if left be some more will probably come back before it gets too cold

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
Leucocoprinus birnbaumii I bet.
It’ll probably flower tonight. Pretty mushrooms...if left be some more will probably come back before it gets too cold
\\

It doesn't get cold here and they FLOWER?

I actually pulled it out and left it on the soil but there are three more growing..

Traken

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You could always bring them to the pool. I seem to recall a Seinfeld episode about shrinkage. lol

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
\\

It doesn't get cold here and they FLOWER?

I actually pulled it out and left it on the soil but there are three more growing..

Well no...flower is incorrect term.
The sporophore (mushroom above ground) is the fruiting body. When the fruiting body reaches maturity the cap becomes fully open (~blooms like a "flower") and spores are typically released from gills/lamellae. They're harmless to your tree as far as I know, but if you don't like them, should get them before that cap ever begins to open...when they look like..... a penis :cool:

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Say wuuuut?! I texted my ex this pic and her mom said it looked like a wiener :oops:. Yellow is a little more intense in person.
20180729_111504_1532889692027.jpg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wait, so you texted your ex a dick pic and she showed it to her mom?
This could have been worse, waaaay worse. ;)

Shinjuku

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Definitely it’s the genus “pinus.”

Maybe add some penicillin to your fertilizer.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Wait, so you texted your ex a dick pic and she showed it to her mom?
This could have been worse, waaaay worse. ;)
Lol, We on good terms though haha.

Weird thing is I texted her the pic cause I thought the color was kinda odd for a schroom and she showed it to her mom. Her mom was the one who mentioned it looked like a wiener lol.

Also, when those two withered away, they grew again on the same spot near the base of small wisteria. Mixture was mulch and perlite over native soil which was almost none existence.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Mushrooms can have multiple flushes as a strategy since they are so wind dependant on spreading their spores. Depending on nutrient availability and moisture, most soil dwelling mushrooms usually have around 5-6 flushes a year. A few in spring and a few in fall.

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
Mushrooms can have multiple flushes as a strategy since they are so wind dependant on spreading their spores. Depending on nutrient availability and moisture, most soil dwelling mushrooms usually have around 5-6 flushes a year. A few in spring and a few in fall.

THose two died and three more popped up. LOL! The are inseminating my asparagus fern... HAHAHA!

Top Bottom