Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Left this one full.

View attachment 314914

View attachment 314915

View attachment 314916

This grew out from the bottom side of this one I recently cut the excess wood off of.
View attachment 314917

View attachment 314918

View attachment 314919

View attachment 314920

Pretty bad dry spot.
View attachment 314921

Sorce
Have you done summer repots before, or is this a one time operation due to the DE dryspots? Also do you know why you have these dryspots, since I know you've used it as soil for at least a few seasons?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have you done summer repots before, or is this a one time operation due to the DE dryspots? Also do you know why you have these dryspots, since I know you've used it as soil for at least a few seasons?

This is the first time I've repotted d's in summer, and I feel much more confident with it than in spring.

I had planned on these repots, the dry spot was a result of part the gallball, and part too thick of a "mossed tight" area above. "Mossed tight" being a hard to scrape through mix of algae, moss, black, and crust.

A dunk soaking could have remedied that dry spot.
Which, in baskets of any kind, I'm finding mandatory.

I fully intend to Repot the day after the first full moon after the solstice till things die.... But I don't reckon they will. So this will be forever.

The Polish Water Bottle full of Amur seedlings I collected about a week before are pushing new growth too. These were jammed into the bottle with some water, left in there overnight, and planted the next morning, after cutting the bottle in half.

Why do think "tropicals" are ok with this process and not, "nontropicals"?

A root is a root is a root......

DAF.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
root is a root is a root......

I was just outside contemplating the fact that we say repotting tropicals while they are actively growing is best.
What is it that tells temperate trees there is a better time?
Stupid human bullshit.

Anyway... yesterday I found these, new roots, which I guess are a shade different than the above quoted roots!

Love Pink!

20200719_123357.jpg

20200719_123353.jpg

20200719_123346.jpg

C'mon with this BS!

Sorce

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I was just outside contemplating the fact that we say repotting tropicals while they are actively growing is best.
What is it that tells temperate trees there is a better time?
Stupid human bullshit.

Anyway... yesterday I found these, new roots, which I guess are a shade different than the above quoted roots!

Love Pink!

View attachment 317256

View attachment 317257

View attachment 317258

C'mon with this BS!

Sorce
Why is there that mass of fine roots above the soil?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why is there that mass of fine roots above the soil?

It's kind of a mass of moss and roots that was used to protect the trunk from the tie wire.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nekkid One, Nekkid them all. This wasn't infested as bad as my Pole to Dos elm, but it had an ant, so defoil it goes, with a more severe pruning.

_DSC0167.JPG

_DSC0168.JPG

_DSC0169.JPG

_DSC0170.JPG

_DSC0171.JPG

_DSC0172.JPG

_DSC0173.JPG

Speakin of pinkies. (thread graft pointS)
_DSC0174.JPG

_DSC0175.JPG

_DSC0176.JPG

Sorce

Top Bottom