ulmus mallsai

boguz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi guys
One of my friend gave me her ulmus as she knows i am nut with bonsais :)
I know these mallsais are bad with design & soil. I want to just keep it alive, and maybe in a few years i can make an airlayer at this bad angle!
For now, I cleaned dried branches. And planning to dig it into a bigger pot, with its own pot. Here is very hot summer days and dont want to open its own pot. Do you think it is a good idea?

Attachments

• 20170702_102622[1].jpg
    20170702_102622[1].jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 20170702_102605[1].jpg
    20170702_102605[1].jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 69

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bro....

That effer is in....lol!

Score!

Maybe DO whack it now so it transpires less!

Sorce

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lift from its current pot without disturbing the roots and put it in a much larger pot with free-draining soil. Leave until next year. It doesn't look very healthy as is.

boguz

Mame
Reaction score
I put in a larger pot, but with its own pot
I didn't want to disturb any roots. I hope it works :rolleyes:

Lift from its current pot without disturbing the roots and put it in a much larger pot with free-draining soil. Leave until next year. It doesn't look very healthy as is.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Merhaba,

Izmir is very hot in summer, and when I went there in the 1980s, it was very dry too (except on my shirt!)

I would remove the tree from its ccurrent pot, put it in a larger one, and filling the space left with sort of then free-draining mix you can find there: pozzolane 3-6 mm, akadama, coarse grit+15% composted bark, or the like.

Lift from its current pot without disturbing the roots and put it in a much larger pot with free-draining soil. Leave until next year.

Ditto.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's 100% rootbound, so no worries to slip-pot as advised.
Izmir is a beautiful city, a little bit chaotic when I was there, the roads were under reconstruction...but the Market place is a place to be...

Top Bottom