Ulmus pumila 11 years from raw material to....raw material (be aware, long photo progression serie)

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Update 05/05/2018

Before/after a bit of wire

Right now It's growing really fast!!

Greetings

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 26
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 31

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm a bit curious.

Why did you feel the need to rebuild the trunk line after 2016? I feel like in posts 14-17, you had something really interesting going, interesting branch placement, the thickness of the whole thing was beginning to look harmonious, but then you did a drastic reduction a few years later. What was your motivation?

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm a bit curious.

Why did you feel the need to rebuild the trunk line after 2016? I feel like in posts 14-17, you had something really interesting going, interesting branch placement, the thickness of the whole thing was beginning to look harmonious, but then you did a drastic reduction a few years later. What was your motivation?

Well, in fact, the trunk line was change on 2011, when I purchase a makita, and I had the need to use it :cool:, This year I have cut the branches, because the inner part was to thick, with lack of taper, and the leaves were too far on the tips, so I decided cut it down in order to improve the taper, the movement, and get more ramification next to the trunk.

The main branches are in the same place, plus new shoots in other part that I'll use to filling the gaps.

I'll let then grow for a while to thicken, and I'll cut back again, clip and grow, growth on, growth off.

Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe… in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe. Very important. Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.

hahahaha.

cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Really cool! So lucky you were to find this great tree that obviously brings you so much joy/ as evidenced by the pics. I love pics too.
Just starting out myself. On a budget and can only hope that I get half as lucky as you to find a gem of a tree even if I have to dig for it.

Top Bottom