Ulmus Pumila Carnivorous

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here’s a tree I’ve been hacking on for a couple of years. I haven’t started on branch work yet, I’m hoping for buds to pop in good locations for arms. It’s a fun tree that I wanted to start a thread on and capture it’s progression. 26765E11-5F91-4F9A-B651-5DE3DBBE0BA8.jpeg9152FE4D-9DB6-4CB2-A487-E4E3B2AFF96C.jpegFB2225F1-54D2-4FFF-B20B-477EA5547DE3.jpegCEEF1B60-2E5C-4101-8947-F9DF92D82BEE.jpeg

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Super cool Nick Lenz vibe tree.

Is there a lot of live tissue in-between the face? If so you can preserve the image long term. If it's all deadwood though I'd use some hardners as it's a cool feature I'd try to make last.
There’s is live wood in the face hopefully it’s thick enough to not dry out. But great idea it may not hurt to apply a hardener anyway. I’ll have to look for pics of Nicks trees have not heard of him.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here’s a tree I’ve been hacking on for a couple of years. I haven’t started on branch work yet, I’m hoping for buds to pop in good locations for arms. It’s a fun tree that I wanted to start a thread on and capture it’s progression. View attachment 190852View attachment 190853View attachment 190854View attachment 190855
Very cool. Winter silouhette in 3 to 5 yrs should be awesome! What type of elm is that? I’m all about experimentation. I’ll be watching this trees progression.

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very cool. Winter silouhette in 3 to 5 yrs should be awesome! What type of elm is that? I’m all about experimentation. I’ll be watching this trees progression.
Thanks, it’s a Siberian Elm most likely. Can’t wait to start developing some gnarly branches.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks, it’s a Siberian Elm most likely. Can’t wait to start developing some gnarly branches.
I thought so. Siberian elms are everywhere here in NM. Grow like weeds and are tough as nails. Havnt yet, but I’d like to do a root over style with a smashed up rusted out die cast car model using a Siberian. Make it look like a post apocalyptic nature take back scene. Some day...

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Damn, you have given me some ideas. Thanks. Great tree and great carving work.
Cool, It’s nice to get feedback. I’m glad others enjoy it. This tree is one of my funest to mess with. There is always something to do on it, and it keeps me from overworking my other trees.
I should name it “Scapegoat”

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Taking fairytale style to the next level! Seriously awesome.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
You should put a light in it for Halloween, it would scare the hell out of the kids. Very cool, though.

Top Bottom