Ulmus Pumila Carnivorous

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Naked shot, waiting for spring for some root work and new pot.

I've seen tons of tree like this over the years, but this one is my favorite. I really like how you had a plan for the arms. When I first saw you growing them out, my initial response was "woah - don't prune those branches up like that!" :)

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've seen tons of tree like this over the years, but this one is my favorite. I really like how you had a plan for the arms. When I first saw you growing them out, my initial response was "woah - don't prune those branches up like that!" :)
Thanks all for the compliments, the arms were based on hopes and wishes... because there were none at first, but this stump was a budding freak so I hoped a bud would pop where I was wanting them to pop. Luckily they did but this next summer I plan on growing out some sacrifice branches and hopefully put on some bigger biceps LOL.:p

tmjudd1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I hope that you know you are seriously "Contributing to the Artistic Delinquency of a Minor Bonsai Enthusiast!" I'm glad there are no laws against this! :)

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I hope that you know you are seriously "Contributing to the Artistic Delinquency of a Minor Bonsai Enthusiast!" I'm glad there are no laws against this! :)
Actually, I am sitting at the state penitentiary and should be released hopefully by this time next year? I was charged with improper pruning, Abuse or mutilation of trees and shrubs., Tree abuse is prohibited under Chapter 27, Article 14. I would have most likely never been caught but the tree kept asking me to feed it “Feed me Moke!!!” “Feed Me!!!” It wanted organics if you know what I’m saying? I can’t wait to see the tree....we have supervised visits when I do get released.
So be careful if you plan on trying something like this? LMAO,
See you on the outside Moke,:rolleyes:

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
Reminds me a little of this:

poster5.jpg

tmjudd1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
"Why haven't I seen this movie on 'Svengoolie', yet?"

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You totally nailed it!!! Thanks for sharing that @JoeH !!! I'm going to have to watch that now.
5Xej.gif

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
1544420835213.png

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here's the movie plot,
A South Seas island prince is wrongly convicted of murder and executed by having a knife driven into his heart, the result of a plot by a witch doctor (the true murderer) who resented the prince's friendly relations with American scientists stationed on a field laboratory on the island. The prince is buried in a hollow tree trunk and forgotten about until nuclear radiation reanimates him in the form of the "Tabonga", a scowling tree stump. The monster escapes from the laboratory and kills several people, including the witch doctor, whom the Tabonga pushes down a hill to be impaled on his own crown of shark teeth. The creature cannot be stopped, burned, or trapped. Only when a crack rifle shot from one of the scientists drives the knife (which still protrudes from the creature's chest) all the way through its heart does it finally die and sink into the swamp.
Tabonga!!! I now have a name for this tree.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Awesome tree, very old-looking bark for a Siberian.

You should try to enter this tree in a local show, if you haven’t already. Kids would love it! "Public’s choice" award almost guaranteed! You might start a few bonsai careers this way.

tmjudd1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I must admit... this thread forced me to watch that old 'B' movie. Not bad at all, however. Moke's 'Tabonga' definitely has a lot more character than the movie monster had... Great job!

Top Bottom