Ulmus Selfie Contest!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I noticed buds green and about to push leaves yesterday.

A little early but I had to do it.

This is the first repot of this since collected. It too, grew these roots in rocks and dirt.

Not many or interesting photos, the lines show the individual roots that got cut, and the general bottom mass that was removed, 90%!

Keeping the surface roots a bit deep still.View attachment 69551
View attachment 69552

Pot prepped.
View attachment 69553

I chopped off a couple big roots growing down from the center.
Has a nice spread. Lot of good feeders, a good start for its new pot!
View attachment 69554

Sorce

@parhamr

I had to do the look back...

The First tree here died that year....

Have a look at the Min Temp the day I repotted.QuickMemo+_2017-04-16-05-11-23.png

At least now I know why!

20170415_072432~2.jpg

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Eerie....we could be kin, it's almost a mirror. 'Cept I just cut off my "winter blankey" beard, just workin' on the cabbage patch up top. HATE HAIRCUTS.

It's all grey, it's sad.:(:(:(:(

My peepers are much prettier, however. You've got some caveman shit going on there!!;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D 'Course, I usually got dime slots working so....whom can tell?!?!:cool::cool::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And well worth it, from these pictures. :) Is that bottom right branch a sacrifice or will it be part of the final design?
I do like the bottom branch, but it will all depends on how I feel when it is in a proper pot. Next year it will get its roots cut down, so then we will see. Thanks for the comment!

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Back in the contest. Field grown for not long enough from a cutting. But has branches where I want them. I left the rest there to grow out on tiles longerView attachment 145171
This has got to be my favorite! I LMAO every time I see it!
Looks like he is saying "WTF IS THIS"

Top Bottom