Uncharted territory in Desert Rose land

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Confession time. I have never liked Desert Rose. I always thought they were almost “too easy” they already make chunky little trees. And I also never liked the foliage and cartoony shapes.

So you can understand my surprise as i was standing in Home Depot looking at some Desert roses. My inner dialogue went like this

“pshhh, stupid desert rose. They look like little monsters, like little monster trees, like.....little fairytale trees, ugh, ok they’re kinda cute, ok, I love this one, it’s only $19.99! I will take him home and name him Gizmo and he will be my little gremlin”

I quickly watched some videos from the @thebonsaisupply because I knew they had some videos on YouTube and I actually know very little about growing Adenium. After a quick browse I decided that I could get away with a repot and light styling, so that’s what I did.

I actually love it! Hope it lives. Haha. I plan on letting it dry out now and recover. Any tips and pointers are welcomed37CA06F2-8CCF-40F3-A828-4C9A34DC4B57.jpeg
1311D691-8768-4AEB-BFA4-EDCB5BDD875C.jpeg

943EF62A-813E-4C77-B939-7D07C9CA6987.jpeg

Last edited:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I've never seen one that didn't have a big bulbous base, pretty nice. I've had one for years. Never bloomed until the last 2. Mine drops it's leaves in the winter when it's inside but in Florida, that shouldn't be a problem. In the summer I water it just like my other trees and it flourishes.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Note to self, stop and get a pipe wrench before going to the nursery to quiet inner dialogue, should it go the same.

Sorce

Top Bottom