Unglazed high quality pot

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looking to purchase an unglazed pot of the following dimensions: 16" x 12" x 1.75"

A couple of things I am looking for in this pot. Although I am a bit flexible with the length and width of the pot, the depth must not be much more than 1.75". The pot must be clean and simple and not visually heavy eg. cloud feet or other embellishments. Please refer to photo for general style. Pot should be of higher quality.

And yes, I have contacted all the big names in pots including Michael Ryan Bell, Matt O, Bjorn etc, etc, etc. Adam Jones is now looking for it in Japan but thought I'd post it here as well.

Thanks guys and let me know.

Serg

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.05.44 PM.png

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How soon do you need one?

Any chance we can see the tree?

I was inspired to work my way toward it with this one.

20200813_103517.jpg

20200813_103508.jpg

It will come out my favorite unglazed finish, a reddish purple black. Close to...

20200813_104039.jpg

I simply didn't have enough clay to make the whole thing, but I'm quite confident this is within my range of possibility, now that I know my new kiln, and have some new tricks.

I'd be honored to give it a go for you.

Bump!

Sorce

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looking to purchase an unglazed pot of the following dimensions: 16" x 12" x 1.75"

A couple of things I am looking for in this pot. Although I am a bit flexible with the length and width of the pot, the depth must not be much more than 1.75". The pot must be clean and simple and not visually heavy eg. cloud feet or other embellishments. Please refer to photo for general style. Pot should be of higher quality.

And yes, I have contacted all the big names in pots including Michael Ryan Bell, Matt O, Bjorn etc, etc, etc. Adam Jones is now looking for it in Japan but thought I'd post it here as well.

Thanks guys and let me know.

Serg

View attachment 322150
You contact Ron Lang? He makes custom stuff this size...

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

View attachment 322656

View attachment 322657

It will come out my favorite unglazed finish, a reddish purple black. Close to...

View attachment 322659

I simply didn't have enough clay to make the whole thing, but I'm quite confident this is within my range of possibility, now that I know my new kiln, and have some new tricks.

Bump!

Sorce

Not in a huge rush but would be nice to get something sooner rather than later. Ok thank you very much! I'll let you know. Nice unglazed finish you have. I have Adam Jones looking right now in Japan.

You contact Ron Lang? He makes custom stuff this size...

Yeah Mark that's one guy I did not contact. I was just about too since I saw one he makes that may work. I was trying to get something off the shelf before I resorted to a custom made one.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not in a huge rush but would be nice to get something sooner rather than later. Ok thank you very much! I'll let you know. Nice unglazed finish you have. I have Adam Jones looking right now in Japan.

Yeah Mark that's one guy I did not contact. I was just about too since I saw one he makes that may work. I was trying to get something off the shelf before I resorted to a custom made one.
I get it. That's a pretty specific size though could take a while sourcing an existing Japanese-made pot.

FWIW, Ron's iron and manganese stain are pretty good.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
this one.
Put this in the Baby Gas/Wood kiln yesterday. Got a bit hot so the bottom is a little wavy, but the lines are still pretty straight.

Red side.

20201108_130248.jpg

Grey side.

20201108_130234_HDR.jpg

Lil ash on the outside.

20201108_130258.jpg

More ash on the inside.

20201108_130307.jpg

20201108_130317.jpg

@Vance Wood almost ready to do the one for Mike's favorite tree. What is it called?

Sorce

Hbhaska

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

View attachment 322656

View attachment 322657

View attachment 322659

Bump!

Sorce
Sorce, you are infinitely talented. Those look amazing!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lil' secret....🤫

Keep your eye on the Tennessee Bonsai scene for a chance to win that pot!😉

Sorce

Top Bottom