Unidentified Nursery Find

Ahnjinji

Seed
Reaction score
I found this juniper at the local nursery. It was missing a tag and price. The shari and live vein rollover caught my eye. I thought it could provide practice on air layering and refinement.
I plan to make a bunjin with the right branch in the first picture and did some initial wire on the one branch with which I hope to continue the trunk line.
The other branches will be air layered. It will rest for now as I hope it to regain some vigor with feeding.

Attachments

• IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    369 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 84

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice find. I agree with you plan. I was going to say the upright trunk in pic 1 is you tree. You might as well air layer the other two trunks. The foliage looks pretty nice also.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I found this juniper at the local nursery. It was missing a tag and price. The shari and live vein rollover caught my eye. I thought it could provide practice on air layering and refinement.
I plan to make a bunjin with the right branch in the first picture and did some initial wire on the one branch with which I hope to continue the trunk line.
The other branches will be air layered. It will rest for now as I hope it to regain some vigor with feeding.

Most interesting possibilities:D! Why not use all trunks? Using 2 as separate trees having little individual interest seems a waste:confused:.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Ahnjinji

Seed
Reaction score
Most interesting possibilities:D! Why not use all trunks? Using 2 as separate trees having little individual interest seems a waste:confused:.

Thank you. To me, the trunks appeared too widely space to make an effective design without some heavy bending. The other two trunks are relatively straight with subtle curves. I'm not planning any drastic reduction yet and so will consider your suggestion while it is sitting patiently on the bench.

Ahnjinji

Seed
Reaction score
Very nice find. I agree with you plan. I was going to say the upright trunk in pic 1 is you tree. You might as well air layer the other two trunks. The foliage looks pretty nice also.

Thank you. Will see if any other options jump out at me while it is resting.

Top Bottom