Unknown Bonsai

Jcspangl

Seed
Reaction score
Hello,

Last week I purchased a new bonsai from Home Depot. I am not sure of the strain of bonsai, only that it was in a sorry state when I got it, and that state has continued to decline since purchase. I repotted it today using bonsai jacks soil as I was informed online that the soil could be killing the tree. I also had to leave my home for two days recently, and when I returned, it looked more wilted. I would love to save this poor little tree if possible, but need help first identifying the tree and any possible problems. I am using bonsai fertilizer pellets.

Attachments

• new bonsai upon purchase.jpg
    new bonsai upon purchase.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 51
  • New Bonsai post potting.jpg
    New Bonsai post potting.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 52
  • new bonsai post potting air view.jpg
    new bonsai post potting air view.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 47

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
It looks like a ficus tree, keep outside, water and hopefully it will recover. It looks like it might have dried out a bit to much, but if you keep it watered and outside you will have a good chance it will come back, ficus are pretty hardy trees.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looks more like Fukien Tea tree to me.
Agreed, in the first pic leaves look like Fukien Tea. Other pics they look really droopy and unhappy.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you allowed it to suffer drought immediately following repotting, that would be at least assault resulting in homicide.

Top Bottom