unknown satsuki

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks Brian, I'd been clicking thru Satsukimania, but didn't get terribly far. I'll look at these. It's not really important, but I'm OCD about keeping track lol...

Just looked at those 3 and the color is more salmon than those. The search goes on!
The worst part of searching satsukimania is wanting all those really cool colors...
sometimes the light and white balance in pics make for a different appearance of colors.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Color wise, the self's (single color flowers) look like 'Kakuo' in color and shape. But Judy's has more color variations than what the 'Kakuo' images indicate.

Shape wise and variation wise 'Juko' is a fit but the color intensity is off, I suspect that the photos the color is heightened. So 'Juko' is a possibility.

'Kisei' is a possibility.

'Kunshi' is another possibility.

I quit at the first of the ''M's'' you will have to page through from there. Beautiful flowers Judy.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here are some pictures of this tree in bloom this year. I really think that this tree is a Kegon, with some reversion. Whatever it is I actually like the color combination so don't think I'll work on getting it all to the Kegon side. If it happens that those branches need to go for styling, then I would take it back to all the orange blooms.
IMG_3684.jpgIMG_3686.jpgIMG_3687.jpg

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I thought this was a thread for this satsuki of mine that I'm not sure what variety it is, but I see it's about the Kegon that @jimib has now. Here is a shot of the one that I don't know what it is, but is sure is stunning in flower.
View attachment 437604View attachment 437605
I see it made into the house for display! It hard to tell from the pic how big that thing is. Beautiful flowers

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow, it is stunning.
it is. not great without blooms, the leaf size is large, reminds me more of a nursery azalea, but it does redeem itself for a couple weeks a year! Thanks Carol, hope you are having a good spring.

Top Bottom