Unsecured Derivatives- Present Pots Past

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It's said there's no original art...everything is derivative of something else. Bonsai has only arrived to western culture with any popularity in the past 50 years. I thought it would be an interesting experiment to explore the idea of how bonsai pots might look if they would have gone through the different art movements of the western culture. Here's a list of pots and titles.....see if you get the historical allusions.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
And now for the obscure one Osso-Rio. Couldn't leave out the asbtract expressionists. He was a contemporary of Jackson Pollock. The title of his most famous painting was fitting for a bonsai....."Perpetual Sacrafice"

Attachments

• _MG_2047.JPG
    _MG_2047.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 46

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
____.

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Very nice. I saw many of these in DC when I visited the National Collection. Inspiring...

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Very nice. I saw many of these in DC when I visited the National Collection. Inspiring...
It's a good thing they didn't have the exhibit on Wall Street. I might have been accused of selling......

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I took it down a number of months ago. Didn't want to pay for it anymore. Really not doing the wood thing much anymore. Ceramics has captured my attention. Many new designs coming for spring 2016.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I took it down a number of months ago. Didn't want to pay for it anymore. Really not doing the wood thing much anymore. Ceramics has captured my attention. Many new designs coming for spring 2016.

Good to hear all is good then! Are you still using the kiln at the College or ?

Grimmy

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Let us know if you're 'selling'. Always in the market for decent pots.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Let us know if you're 'selling'. Always in the market for decent pots.
I do sell them after I've picked over the ones I want to use. All the pots above were sold at the ABS exhibit in DC. I'm not what you would call a production potter. I don't have a wheel because there are plenty of beautiful thrown pots out there and I really prefer to hand build. I'm not sure I'm allowed to sell through this venue.

Top Bottom