Unsure if this should go in the newbie section or not...Texas natives

AussieCraig

Seedling
Reaction score
Good afternoon and thankyou for adding me to the group. I had many successful Bonsai back in my home country of Australia however I am now happily living in Texas and have been looking around my work area (far West TX near Mentone) and not finding much material I would deem suitable. I would like to try Mesquite and some of the various saltbush type plants, some have very interesting trunks and would look great as Yamadori....has anyone had success with collected branches struck with rooting powder etc ?

Warlock

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I want to try and air layer a mesquite.. however I did buy a Small mesquite Tree from a nursery.. I wanna give that a try also

AussieCraig

Seedling
Reaction score
I want to try and air layer a mesquite.. however I did buy a Small mesquite Tree from a nursery.. I wanna give that a try also
That might work too, there are a few out back of where I'm staying that I could try that with...

Michael P

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
You are in the Trans-Pecos, which has a number of interesting small and medium size oak species. Many are evergreen. At higher elevations you might find alligator juniper and pinyon pine.

AussieCraig

Seedling
Reaction score
You are in the Trans-Pecos, which has a number of interesting small and medium size oak species. Many are evergreen. At higher elevations you might find alligator juniper and pinyon pine.
Thankyou Sir !

Top Bottom