Unusual tool find

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just want to bring to your attention an unusual tool I found in my late father-in-law's toolbox (unusual to me at least). My father-in-law was a printer so initially I thought it could be a specialized printer's tool. After researching the name 'plattenfugenreiniger' it turns out to be a common European gardening tool used primarily to remove debris from stone, tile and brick work crevices. It is going in my bonsai tool roll because I find it to be very useful for cleaning out pots and between bench board crevices. You may too!

Attachments

• P1010128.JPG
    P1010128.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010129.JPG
    P1010129.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 49

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just want to bring to your attention an unusual tool I found in my late father-in-law's toolbox (unusual to me at least). My father-in-law was a printer so initially I thought it could be a specialized printer's tool. After researching the name 'plattenfugenreiniger' it turns out to be a common European gardening tool used primarily to remove debris from stone, tile and brick work crevices. It is going in my bonsai tool roll because I find it to be very useful for cleaning out pots and between bench board crevices. You may too!
That is über kool.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
As soon as I saw the picture I recognized it as a tool I'm going to invent. I can buy one and patent it as a as a root cutter repotting aid for getting to the roots that lock the side of the pot to the tree. I'm going to be famous!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I guess I'm a little rusty on my Korean. Actually, I can't read Korean very well. Or at all, actually, not nearly as well as I speak it. My ex-brother-in-law was in Korean and told me some words I can't use here. I mean I can't understand it very well. Honestly, you might be thinking, "This guy doesn't speak Korean". That would be real close. Or, spot on if we're reduced to quibbling. I was guessing. My bad. Hello from 586 ne 810 ne 313.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yup, got one of thos hanging in my shed. Perfect for pulling the roots of weeds in narrow spaces.

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Forsoothe!, Not to worry. I've found that learning (at the least) how to say hello and thank you in different languages opens many doors to cultural awareness, histories and new friends. With that, please have a Vernor's on me!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I will! 알려줘서 고마워요 Someone is making Altes Original Detroit Lager again! Next, E & B in 40 oz GIQ's?

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yes indeed! We are very special folk! I recently met a couple from Bay City at a local restaurant. Easy to spot. He was wearing a Tigers baseball cap.

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'll keep my eye out for Altes around here. Heck, I only recently discovered Founders!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
What is/are Founders? Beer?

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got a couple of these too keep the weeds out of the tiles, but yes can be used for more then one thing

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What is/are Founders? Beer?

Founders pretty much started the craft beer revolution in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Their breakfast stout is the benchmark of craft beers. They are now owned 90% by a Spanish brewery/ conglomerate so who knows what is going to happen to their quality.

Top Bottom