Upcoming Cold for the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Getting messy here too rain all day now a few inches of snow and coming down.

Crossing fingers the rest if winter will be smooth for you Darlene!

Horrible combo for the morning. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.

I'm ready for some repotting can't wait!!

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I am pretty much over winter...but as I glance out a window...I remind myself my dormant trees NEED this cold winter. Giving my rational side...that we need winter. The hubs shovels a path...only once did my door freeze from the ice storm that we got. In which I put my back to the door and kicked behind me to loosen that hold of ice.
View attachment 174490

Me, too! My jeep has no heat! I think my toes were close to frostbite on the way home this morning. It snowed again last night, stayed in the twenties so not much melted, it is supposed to be 9, that's nine degrees, tonight. I am working midnights and it takes me two hours to drive to work. I looks like a scene from a mad max movie on the way, car carnage everywhere. People just don't know how to drive in the stuff down here, me either, but I manage. I am 51, and I don't think I have ever seen it snow twice here. Before this winter, I have only seen snow here maybe four times in my lifetime. Heck, I don't even have a heavy coat. Where's my burbon? Oh yeah, I am at work, no hope for antifreeze for 10 more hours.

John

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Getting messy here too rain all day now a few inches of snow and coming down.

Crossing fingers the rest if winter will be smooth for you Darlene!

Horrible combo for the morning. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.

I'm ready for some repotting can't wait!!
Thanks...overall...it's not medical issues. Just bumps in the road. So...we keep chugging along.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Me, too! My jeep has no heat! I think my toes were close to frostbite on the way home this morning. It snowed again last night, stayed in the twenties so not much melted, it is supposed to be 9, that's nine degrees, tonight. I am working midnights and it takes me two hours to drive to work. I looks like a scene from a mad max movie on the way, car carnage everywhere. People just don't know how to drive in the stuff down here, me either, but I manage. I am 51, and I don't think I have ever seen it snow twice here. Before this winter, I have only seen snow here maybe four times in my lifetime. Heck, I don't even have a heavy coat. Where's my burbon? Oh yeah, I am at work, no hope for antifreeze for 10 more hours.

John

Do people still run out with pots to catch the snow down there? My dad lived in Mobile during WWII and said that they used to catch the snow in pans and pour maple syrup on it for treats.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Do people still run out with pots to catch the snow down there? My dad lived in Mobile during WWII and said that they used to catch the snow in pans and pour maple syrup on it for treats.

Yes, there are some in the country who still do that. When I was young we used to get it and make slushlies out of it, either with Koolaid or milk and vanilla. I all seems silly now, but for Mobile, snow is a big deal.

Top Bottom