Update on my big JBP project

Q-Bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
Boon will likely travel with a complete set of tools.

You should be prepared with wire and turntable of some sort. He likes to have some way to adjust the height of the stand as he works on it.

For wire, if you need copper, get it from Jim Gremel. I suggest getting a spool of every gauge between 6 and 20.

If you plan to do any potting, have "Boon Mix" soil, or Akoi or Clay King. Aluminum wire is acceptable for tying trees in pots. Have mesh screening for pots.

Also, have lots of trees to work on. Boon works fast!

Yep, I have all of that covered of course. I meant for the grafting part. Staples, push pins, rubber, etc. I don't what what kind of what stuff to get...

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Judy,

Here is a picture of the tree when I first got it. The big branch on the left is now the "back" branch. The new front is about 1/4 turn to the right. The current first branch, the one being approach grafted, is one of the long branches near the apex.

As it stands now, I expect this tree to be about 12 inches tall when finished. The current pot measures 15x19 inches outside lip to outside lip. The new pot (actually, it's an old pot) is an oval 14x18, but is considerably less tall. And, being rounded not rectangular, it doesn't look so heavy.
@Adair M how is this one fairing ? been a few years. I noticed the picture on top of the home page.

Top Bottom