Upright Tiger Bark Ficus with Aerial Roots

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry, I know you didn't ask for opinions but I gotta say I find the large, high aerial root on the right to be distracting. I'm not entirely convinced about the aerial roots on the left either, but the one on the right in particular doesn't work for me. Great start on the tree though.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Very nice tree.
I have to echo what BrianBay9 said. Again, I know it's your tree and you didn't ask, but all of the high aerial roots seem out of place to me.

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Sorry, I know you didn't ask for opinions but I gotta say I find the large, high aerial root on the right to be distracting. I'm not entirely convinced about the aerial roots on the left either, but the one on the right in particular doesn't work for me. Great start on the tree though.
You think they're out of place until your realize that they are self grafting to the lower part of the tree as well. The upper foliage is feeding its thickening. Next season I chop between the top and middle sections and I just added some root Flare too!

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
What I say about large, high, "distracting" aerial roots: Grow some more! Then they will not be distracting.
You can see I removed some from the upper portions while continuing the lower ones. However you're right, in florida more will just fuse and create something very nice.

Top Bottom