Urban yamadori

Benjofen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
How do people typically go about getting permission to dig these up? There is one in particular - a very promising taxus that is absolutely languishing in front of some generic apartment building here in Chicago. Do I just call up the prop mgmt company? Figure they would think I'm a crazy person. Not far from the truth I guess but I'm not sure how to incentivize land owners to let me come dig up their struggling plants.

I'd considered offering to replace it with a new one from Home Depot or something as it would still be orders of magnitude cheaper than buying similar material the conventional way.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there a management company sign on a wall?
If so I'd ask the maintenance folks at the building, or the groundskeep dudes. Management will be too stupid too understand.

If it's a three flat I'd knock the doors.

I think your plan is good. Though you may want to have good replacements in tow, or pictures, and ask them of they'd be interested in something different, something more appropriate.

Sorce

Benjofen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Is there a management company sign on a wall?
If so I'd ask the maintenance folks at the building, or the groundskeep dudes. Management will be too stupid too understand.

If it's a three flat I'd knock the doors.

I think your plan is good. Though you may want to have good replacements in tow, or pictures, and ask them of they'd be interested in something different, something more appropriate.

Sorce
Honestly it doesn't look like the kind of place that has a dedicated groundskeeper or maintenance person (might even be section 8), but that's a good idea. My thinking was if I call the mgmt co I'll prob just get some desk jockey's voicemail and no return call. And I say that having worked for one.

Top Bottom