US National Exhibition 2010

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Did I miss the thread, is there another?

How was the National Exhibition? Who went, who won, how was it, any pics?

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmmm.... Did I miss the thread, is there another?

How was the National Exhibition? Who went, who won, how was it, any pics?

Yenling, I think it's quite apparent that you don't know the secret handshake. :D
Wood

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3271&highlight=national+exhibit

I was there, it was amazing! No cameras allowed in the exhibit, so I left mine at home. Only later I realized the vendor demo area was in a different room where photos were allowed.

This is my post at another forum: "Sorry no cameras, but the exhibit was world class. Phenomenal trees from all parts of the country. Fantastic demos by both Marco Invernizzi as well as Master Kunio Koboyashi accompanied (and translated) by student Peter Warren. Tons of vendors with everything you might want.

Our very own Boon won an award and my congratulations to him. (I believe it was for best tree and container combo)

Suthin Sukosolvisit was the recipient of Finest Bonsai Masterpiece with his entry of a very impressive 5-needle pine.

A display from the NC arboretum won the award for best western display.

Pedro Morales won finest shohin exhibit, with a very nice unconventional display. (frosted glass stand)

One of my personal favorites, an Eastern White Cedar won the award for Best North American Species.

There was so much to do infact, I only spent 5 minutes in the exhibit on Saturday. (Most of which was spent searching for that EWC I knew was hiding in amongst the trees) I was able to spend much more time in the exhibit room today, and again WOW!

Anyone who can attend any future exhibit of this caliber and magnitude should strive to do so."

Dave

p.s. those are only the awards i can remember off the top of my head

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hmmmm I thought it was billed as Fathers Day Weekend......

edit; I see..... it said the weekend BEFORE fathers day. Damn, I saw Fathers day and that was all I saw. Anyone need a couple of plane tickets from San Jose to New York for next weekend cheap!

Last edited:
Top Bottom