US NATIONAL SHOHIN BONSAI EXHIBITION

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The first US National Shohin Bonsai Exhibition will be held on June 23-25, 2017 at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC, a short 30 mile drive north of Charlotte, NC.

Fine quality shohin and small size bonsai will be displayed in a unique venue. If you have a fine quality shohin or small bonsai, up to 12" in height, kindly send me a photo for the selection process.

In addition to the exhibition there will be demonstrations, workshops and two sales areas.
Feel free to distribute the above flyers to your club members and newsletters.
Additional information will be released soon. Hope you can join us!

William N. Valavanis
wnv@internationalbonsai.com

SHOHIN EXHIBITION.JPG

FLYER AD.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I only have one word to say. WOW!!!!!!! On my calendar.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's four words;

He typed 4 words....

But...

We have no idea how many words he said.

It better have been one @DougB !

@William N. Valavanis
I was thinking about how much of a badass you are on my way to work this morning.
I found a poster at my old job that said, "work like your boss is watching".
The other day I thought....
We should all work on our bonsai like YOU are watching!

All the best to you for 2017!

Your dedication is very much appreciated!

Sorce

zachkent29

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The first US National Shohin Bonsai Exhibition will be held on June 23-25, 2017 at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC, a short 30 mile drive north of Charlotte, NC.

Fine quality shohin and small size bonsai will be displayed in a unique venue. If you have a fine quality shohin or small bonsai, up to 12" in height, kindly send me a photo for the selection process.
In addition to the exhibition there will be demonstrations, workshops and two sales areas.
Feel free to distribute the above flyers to your club members and newsletters.
Additional information will be released soon. Hope you can join us!

William N. Valavanis
wnv@internationalbonsai.com
View attachment 128198View attachment 128199

Awesome! When can we expect details on the demos/workshops??

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
The 1st US National Shohin Bonsai Exhibition is only 5 months away!
Although just announced this event has created great excitement with Bonsai Artists, Shohin enthusiasts and vendors!! Creating unique displays is always a enjoyable challenge. This photo is currently on display at the Gafuten in Japan until tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_6443.PNG
    IMG_6443.PNG
    721 KB · Views: 69

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man I wish my limber pine (p. flexilis) was a bit further along in development! Maybe it will be ready for the next Shohin exhibition. I really hope it's a great success and continues on.

Potting this spring and entering in the 2nd U.S. National Shohin Exhibition.. I hope!

I'd really love to see a display comprised entirely of native Rocky Mountain trees.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Man I wish my limber pine (p. flexilis) was a bit further along in development! Maybe it will be ready for the next Shohin exhibition. I really hope it's a great success and continues on.

Potting this spring and entering in the 2nd U.S. National Shohin Exhibition.. I hope!

I'd really love to see a display comprised entirely of native Rocky Mountain trees.
Wow that's a beautiful Flexis.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

:eek:Wonderful tree Dan!

Jonathan_J

Seedling
Reaction score
Long time lurker here. Haven't been to an exhibition yet. The $90 is to register a bonsai for the show correct? Is entry to just look at the exhibition and purchase from vendors free?

Really looking forward to making it to this event.

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

now THAT is a damn nice shohin

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The $90 registration fee includes: Welcome Reception, Workshop Eligibility, Shohin Bonsai Exhibition, Vendor Areas, 10 Lecture-Demonstrations and Sunday Morning Critique.

Hope you can join us!

Top Bottom