USA "National Show"

cbobgo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
There was some talk in another thread about various groups that are working on putting together a national show for the USA. THis is the first I'd heard of it. Anyone have more information about this, or anyone interested in discussing the ins and outs of how to make that happen?

It's something I've thought a bit about. Seems like a high profile show could really help to spotlight American bonsai.

ANyone else thinking about this?

- bob

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Read the Rob Kempenski profile on AoB - I think he mentions it in some detail (at least the concept, and at least I think he does, as I read it quite a while ago).

Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is in fact such a discussion going on at the moment, anyone interested should contact Rob Kempenski and he will let you know where.

Will

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Seems this is a great idea. The koi community has been talking about the same thing for years but the logistics of moving koi are rather monsterous , especially all the way across country. It shouldn't be as much of a problem with bonsai but as a beginner I really wouldn't know. It's exciting to me as a beginner because of the chance to see a bunch of dealers , artists and fellow lunatics in the same place.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It shouldn't be as much of a problem with bonsai but as a beginner I really wouldn't know.

Unfortunately I think it would be very complicated given all of the restrictions on moving agricultural products around the country. I naively moved my bonsai to California in the back of a moving truck 11 years ago. I didn't even think about importing restrictions, etc. I guess that was before the big crackdown on pines.

Top Bottom