Usugi-gyoten

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
As with Attilla, I almost never post on this site, but it seems to be "post my satsuki time" so here's my offering. Still in development in the apex, I let her flower only one day. 5 different flower color combination's. It's tricky to keep the recessive colors active and not be taken over by the dominate red/pink.

Better?

Attachments

• usugi-gyoten.1.jpg
    usugi-gyoten.1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 60
  • SATSUKI.usuji-gyoten.naked.jpg
    SATSUKI.usuji-gyoten.naked.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Tsukasa no kansetsu...ne-agari

One more, waiting for the right pot.

Attachments

• Satsuki..6.4.09.1.jpg
    Satsuki..6.4.09.1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 88
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Both of them are quite lovely!!

I would recommend that you re-post the first as jpgs though... you have to download the bmp format rather than just being able to view them. ;)

V

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Both of them are quite lovely!!

I would recommend that you re-post the first as jpgs though... you have to download the bmp format rather than just being able to view them. ;)

V
Well I've wondered about that but never known how to correct it. Thanks awfully, Ms Vic.
Any idea how to convert them?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well I've wondered about that but never known how to correct it. Thanks awfully, Ms Vic.
Any idea how to convert them?

BMPs will open in Paint for editing... so in the file tab choose "save as" and it will allow you to save it as a jpg.

Now one other thing... the photos are very small... so you may want to start from the original image file and just re-do it, being sure to make certain you are saving it as a jpg.

Hope that helps... :)

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As with Attilla, I almost never post on this site, but it seems to be "post my satsuki time" so here's my offering. Still in development in the apex, I let her flower only one day. 5 different flower color combination's. It's tricky to keep the recessive colors active and not be taken over by the dominate red/pink.

Very nice trees!
Now I have the answer to my question to Just Duane, whether there are Satsuki in Hawaii.

The exposed-root trunk is absolutely fascinating, and looks great. Especially when the roots start thickening, it could be quite a show. I've never seen an azalea in this style, have you seen one yourself?

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Atilla, up here at 4,000 feet in a cool misty alpine rain forest it's not the Hawaii known to many. But it's azalea and camellia heaven.
Have I seen ne-agari in Nature, never. Here's another.

Attachments

• SATSUKI Hatsu Kansetsu.JPG
    SATSUKI Hatsu Kansetsu.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 57

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Atilla, up here at 4,000 feet in a cool misty alpine rain forest it's not the Hawaii known to many. But it's azalea and camellia heaven.
Have I seen ne-agari in Nature, never. Here's another.

Absolutely gorgeous. I will definitely try this form, since I have many young Satsuki.

Yes, I remember when I was hiking in the central part of Kauai (I am sure you've been on that island), in the cool and misty mountains. There was redwood and fir growing up there, and I thought "oh my gosh, this climate must be the bonsaist's paradise". It is the prime real-estate on that island, the family of the former king all live up there. So, I can imagine that Satsuki love that climate.

Top Bottom