Vance W. at ABS show

Gene Deci

Shohin
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of Vance W. and a couple of his mugos at the Michigan All State/ American Bonsai Society show. The first one isn't too bad but the other two I must have moved the camera. Sorry about that, they are outstanding tree when seen in person. Vane W allstate 2016.jpg Vance with mugo 2016.jpg Vance W mugo #2 2016.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is that the ERC...J.Crack to the right..?

That's nice!

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Like I said in the other thread, I am sorry I missed it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
image.jpg By the way its a Larch group by the Mugo in the last picture by someone I know ;) and a beautiful Mountain Hemlock next to the Larch that was maybe my favorite tree in the show.

Last edited:

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ahh. That makes more sense given the geographical proximity of the owner and the artist... Jack Hoover (Eagleville Pottery) was just at the PBA Festival in DC and he has a very similar style of pot.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Ahh. That makes more sense given the geographical proximity of the owner and the artist... Jack Hoover (Eagleville Pottery) was just at the PBA Festival in DC and he has a very similar style of pot.
Vance's pot is a good specimen because the clay body is warm and the pinched feet make the pot less clunky than carved feet. She used to apply that texture better, bolder, than what I've seen in her recent work. Mine, circa early 1990s:
image.png

Top Bottom