Vance's mugo makes ABS 2017 Calender

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Thats a damn nice photo. Congratulations on being a centerfold.
I was starting to wonder where you were Al. I haven't heard from you in quite some time. I hope everything is well with you and yours. Thank you for you kind words.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh...I'm around. Had a terrible loss with eleven trees turning brown during a sprinkler timer failure. Been taking care of my wife and now my Dad is going thru treatment for bladder cancer. I got my hands full, and it ain't with trees.....

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh...I'm around. Had a terrible loss with eleven trees turning brown during a sprinkler timer failure. Been taking care of my wife and now my Dad is going thru treatment for bladder cancer. I got my hands full, and it ain't with trees.....

I am sorry to hear that Al.
Hope things get better for you soon

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I was afraid something like this was going on. My prayers always for you. Thanks for taking the name to mention my meaningless little news. You're a good man and deserve the best.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well I just received my calendar.
I am happy to report that yes, Vance's tree is the May tree,
but....
I am very disappointed to report that Vance's tree has been mislabled as a European larch.....

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Are you kidding me?? I thought only the club I belong to can mislabel my trees when they post to a public site. My club mislabeled my Hinoki Cypress as a Scots Pine. It's a conspiracy that's what it is. Even when you provide them with the information as directed they get it wrong. Maybe because my needles are so short they cannot comprehend that the tree is really a Pine but a Larch instead.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow, Vance!! All these years you were actually working on Larches, not Mugo Pines at all!!!

Actually, that explain a lot! No wonder they don't do well here in the South!!

Lol!!!

(Everyone understands that I'm just kidding, right?)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I am starting to feel like the Rodney Dangerfield and George Gobel of Bonsai; I get no respect, and I feel like a pair of brown shoes in a world full of Tuxedos.

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yea you know , the grandfather of high quality mugo pine being disrespected , who's typing these things up!? Fire em!! No respect

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I can't believe they mislabeled it, crazy:confused:
I mean, really...
They're supposed to be some kind of professionals, putting a calendar out there...
They expect people to pay money for it, they ought to do their homework.
That's like a muscle car calendar with a camaro labeled as a mustang.
Unreal.

Top Bottom