USDA Zone
Over the years I have had dealings with many vendors:

Don Blackmond
New England
Hollow Creek
Bonsaimonk
Growing Grounds
Muranaka

Countless feedback on Don, Muranaka and certainly growing grounds. Is there any feedback from others on Steve Pilacik?

How is his customer service?

How is the health of his trees?

Mail order: When he ships the trees, how do they show up at your door?

If they are damaged, how does he handle it?

Does he respond timely? Professionally? Does he offer resolve?

Would you buy again?

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've never purchased from him, his trees are on the more exspensive side for the quality of tree that's shown on his website.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've only ever bought pots from him. It was a bit difficult as he would only accept checks at that time, may be different now. I have not seen any stock that I would purchase from him. But the pots were nice and showed up nicely packed.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Like Judy, I have recently purchased a few pots from him in different orders. They arrived timely and were packed for bomb-proof conditions.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Funny that this subject should come up today - I was just re-reading Steve's book on Black Pines last night. I have never gotten a tree from him, but I enjoy his book.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Funny that this subject should come up today - I was just re-reading Steve's book on Black Pines last night. I have never gotten a tree from him, but I enjoy his book.

His book was the first on black pines I read. I still like it - one of the only ones I know of with a good section on different varieties - I've had it almost 20 years. The only things I've purchased from him directly are his black pine video series. Like others reported he dealt by personal check. But his DVD was sent promptly and I received it undamaged.

Scott

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really good feedback it seems...Seems mainly non-trees but still very good over all.

I appreciate the response folks

James

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Really good feedback it seems...Seems mainly non-trees but still very good over all.

By the way, when I ordered the book from him, he wrote a personal note on the inside cover and signed it. Minor thing, but I thought it was a nice touch.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
He signed his book for me as well, and was exceptionally gracious in allowing me to reference content on corkers from his book. I have not purchased anything else from him.

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He signed his book for me as well, and was exceptionally gracious in allowing me to reference content on corkers from his book. I have not purchased anything else from him.

I don't have this book but all great this I hear. Thanks everyone

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
By the way, when I ordered the book from him, he wrote a personal note on the inside cover and signed it. Minor thing, but I thought it was a nice touch.

I appreciate it friend

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
He has very strange pricing on his site he has a crabapple listed for 195 and on ebay it's 40 dollars for same tree with no hits. He is proclaimed to be the American black pine master but has no master level trees on his site or in the the yard. I was thinking after all these years and being the "American Black Pine Master" he would have developed some amazing trees. He has 100% satisfaction on ebay rating so people are loving there experience.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
^I scooped up the crab apple. The pictures did not do the tree justice. The trunk is thicker and the nebari is better than what they appeared in the photos. Very happy with the tree. $60 shipped was pretty good in my books. A few years of branch ramification and it will make a fine twin trunk when it's done.

He held the shipment for me last week due to the weather. His communication was excellent, he responded to my messages within minutes. Great guy

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I bought a few real nice pots from him awhile back. Seemed like a great guy, like Judy I sent checks.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry if I missed it, but does anybody have a link to his website?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just received these elms from Steve. He is great to do business with. His prices are good too. Scored all 4 for $350.00 shipping included. They came bare root in good shape. The trees are cork bark elm, seiju elm and Chinese elm. Looks like a couple brooms in my future. Sweet!

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just received these elms from Steve. He is great to do business with. His prices are good too. Scored all 4 for $350.00 shipping included. They came bare root in good shape. The trees are cork bark elm, seiju elm and Chinese elm. Looks like a couple brooms in my future. Sweet!

Opps. Would love to see the photos.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep. So would I. Oops!

Attachments

• IMG_20140222_114616.jpg
    IMG_20140222_114616.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 52

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The elms look nice for the price but you could have done better with the beer.

Top Bottom