Very Cool Unidentified Tree

Tim.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hey everyone,

I got the chance to dig a cool little tree about 1 month ago but I'm unaware of the exact species it is. I understand that spring would be the right timing to dig, but time constraints on the part of the neighbors relandscaping meant now or never. The old trunk was already dead and all the cambium has died back except for the lower part where there is a 1/2" leader coming off the base. I'll try and get a picture of the few new leaves that popped up, I'm pretty sure it's some sort of dogwood.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 273

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's Foemina
I looked for the workout video but can't seem to find it on your blog. Just stuff about trees and such.
I was looking forward to seeing me some downward dog.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I looked for the workout video but can't seem to find it on your blog. Just stuff about trees and such.
I was looking forward to seeing me some downward dog.
You know that funny, so far two guys from this sight have sent PM's for the video for OBO offers. I had to turn them down cause they were so low and my investment is so high since finding someone willing to extract the material from the hard drive was hard to do. The agents I found are now in heavy therapy and may never return to traditional life again. Thanks for checking though, you make it three!

On a high note, I do have some video of just me in downward dog in a thong....interested? I'd be willing to let it go for a couple bucks....

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
On a high note, I do have some video of just me in downward dog in a thong....interested? I'd be willing to let it go for a couple bucks

Well..... it probably would look somewhat like her from behind.
Let me get back on to you on that.
Who were the other two wanting the video?
Vance is probably one. But the other one? Hmmmm.
Brian Van Fleet?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been sick last week and a big snot bubble just popped on my screen!
Hope you're feeling a little better.
Hated to burst your bubble!
Really,get better.

Tim.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It's Foemina
P
I'm not sure if that's the case. I'm up in eastern Canada and it looks similar but I think it may differ slightly. Any styling ideas for the tree? It's pretty much a blank slate at this point. I'm debating whether to the let the leader take off and thicken up for a year or two.

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll let you in on a secret, Tim... if you search this site for Foemina you'd notice an abnormally large number of posts. Make of that what you will ;)

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know that funny, so far two guys from this sight have sent PM's for the video for OBO offers. I had to turn them down cause they were so low and my investment is so high since finding someone willing to extract the material from the hard drive was hard to do. The agents I found are now in heavy therapy and may never return to traditional life again. Thanks for checking though, you make it three!

On a high note, I do have some video of just me in downward dog in a thong....interested? I'd be willing to let it go for a couple bucks....

Many of these agents you mention, to be honest, and blunt, are in four times a week psychoanalysis with me, Al, and on aggressive regimens of multiple psychotropic medications, and yet their prognosis remains grim, at best. Nightmares of playing toad to your monkey haunt then endlessly . . .

I'm not really sure I would classify this as a "high" note, Al . . . but perhaps it does present some sort of appeal for many here. Others - and I'm not speaking for myself, you understand - may be wondering when, if ever, we can see such videos without the thong . . . I mean, you're not in the illegal "under-eighteen" category or anything, are you? We've met in person, and the dominant vibe has a mojo beyond the mere botanical aspects of bonsai, more focused on the ribbed nebari, and the trunk and its girth and undulations, the stimulating texture of the bark and such.

Thanks for the referrals of these agents, BTW. They all had great insurance coverage.

G52

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Perhaps, in retrospect, a smiley on that last post would have been appropriate, Al, and welcomed. Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, or start a law suit. :)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought this was the poetry thread for a second!

Sorce

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I wouldn't worry about what it is until you know it lives next spring.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If it is a Dogwood all I can say is I have collected several and they all died. In conversation on the phone a week ago I found that an other person had the same experience... No more digging those for me.

Grimmy

Top Bottom