Vic Harris's (Erin Pottery) Crescent pot with Kojo No Mai...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice Darlene.

I look forward to watching this one!

Sorce.

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There are a few twigs coming off the underside of the trunk that probably should be removed, but I think you're on the right track!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Funny that I didn't see the pink coloration in the pot in the pictures I saw of this before. Love those flowers Darlene, I may have to get one of these!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The flowers are what hooked me for the purchase Judy. Yes, it's hard to capture the pot and show off the tree itself. But...it has similar shades in it that match the bloom. You just can't see it from a good angle showing off the tree itself...Not a traditional pairing by any means. And not for everyone...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry,but what is it? A cherry? Also are you going to chop it and cascade the lower branch? It looks like it's going to fall out of that.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sorry,but what is it? A cherry? Also are you going to chop it and cascade the lower branch? It looks like it's going to fall out of that.
No apology needed...yes, I am going to chop/possibly air layer the left right thicker trunk. And cut back and wire after bloom is spent. But if air layering...then that will wait until next year. I plan on keeping some chaos to this piece to keep it more naturalistic in the characteristics of the tree itself. Yes...Kojo No Mai is a cherry. Only repotted it for now. Enjoying the blooms...

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I have several Kojo's and Akebono, but they are no where even close to being ready for a pot. All are in pond baskets for a bit. The flowers hooked me too. It is great to see yours in bloom in a beautiful pot that compliments them so nicely without diverting attention away from them too much. Please continue to update as there are very few threads devoted to Cherry Blossoms.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Enjoy away! The blooms are very nice and the color in the pot goes with them well.

Top Bottom