Vietnam bonsai.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm holidaying in Vietnam atm. There's bonsai everywhere in the streets and in front of the houses. Mostly big ones and all planted in plain sand. Got some problems uploading photos from my mobile. Ill try from time to time but if not, ill show them on my return...:(

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nah it's a major hassle. Can't get more than one at a time posted. Ill put them up on my return....:(

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Fredman,
Saw you been to Linh Ung Temple in Da Nang. I was there last year. Their bonsai required front loader to move around but that is what they liked. Enjoy your stay.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This fascinated me. Its a tribe that has been living on boats and rafts for generations. They have their own laws, culture, and language. They hardly ever set foot on land. Everything they have, has been traded for the fish they catch. We weren't allowed to approach them. Just got guided through the boats on a dingy like boat. What stood out immediately is how few woman there are. By rough estimate 10-20% o_O Because their survival depends on the fish the men catches, woman aren't in demand the guide told us. In there culture the women marries more than one man. I saw one woman that had 4 men lazing around her :eek:. Our immediate thoughts were (and still are) what they do with the female babies born???
They all live in a relative small bay. The poorer ones on their boats on the one side, and the richer ones in their corrugated houses on floats on the other side of the bay.
IMG-20170125-WA0014.jpg IMG-20170125-WA0010.jpg IMG-20170125-WA0008.jpg IMG-20170125-WA0005.jpg IMG-20170125-WA0015.jpg

Top Bottom