Vintage Tool Brand - help?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Following. This looks exactly like the tools I got from someone quitting the hobby. My wire cutters have bent a little and I have been looking for a replacement of exactly this type, if the box reflectio is not deceiving me. Unable to locate.
(Hint, if you do not need the wire clippers... Would take the yin pliers too :)

win320

Mame
Reaction score
Following. This looks exactly like the tools I got from someone quitting the hobby. My wire cutters have bent a little and I have been looking for a replacement of exactly this type, if the box reflectio is not deceiving me. Unable to locate.
(Hint, if you do not need the wire clippers... Would take the yin pliers too :)
Thanks... wish I could give it to you but I need the tools at the moment :) sorry ...good luck :)

Seems these are very old tools that did not get sold ... I love to have vintage tools that are more hand-made...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nippon Bonsai Growers Cooperative

I can't make out the lower two kanji well enough to look them up. My Japanese isn't very good, but this appears to be more of a union, than a manufacturer or vendor.

The only thing that hints at a manufacturer to me is 丸信仰 (Maru Shinko I think) but I'm not getting any obvious hits with a search for that and I don't see it on the box for the wire cutters.

win320

Mame
Reaction score
Nippon Bonsai Growers Cooperative

I can't make out the lower two kanji well enough to look them up. My Japanese isn't very good, but this appears to be more of a union, than a manufacturer or vendor.

The only thing that hints at a manufacturer to me is 丸信仰 (Maru Shinko I think) but I'm not getting any obvious hits with a search for that and I don't see it on the box for the wire cutters.
Thank you very much :)

Really appreciate your help.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thank you very much :)

Really appreciate your help.
It turns out if I look at the pictures on the computer instead of my phone I can see better...
The lower word on that seal is 推奨 which means recommendation or endorsement. So that logo you took a picture of simply says "Nippon Bonsai Growers Cooperative Endorsed"

I also noticed in the bottom left corner of the shears box there's more text. I can't say for sure, but it looks like 丸信仰製造元. So it sort of looks like that's your answer.

win320

Mame
Reaction score
It turns out if I look at the pictures on the computer instead of my phone I can see better...
The lower word on that seal is 推奨 which means recommendation or endorsement. So that logo you took a picture of simply says "Nippon Bonsai Growers Cooperative Endorsed"

I also noticed in the bottom left corner of the shears box there's more text. I can't say for sure, but it looks like 丸信仰製造元. So it sort of looks like that's your answer.
Thanks alot Sir!!

I am so glad that I found the answer. The tools are definitely Japanese :) the reason I bought them was, I was looking for a wire cutter with the following shape ( its the similar looking design as Masakuni and in my mind it looks so easy and better to cut the wire... ) and on the top it looks like vintage tools (handmade, which I prefer as it is more emphasis on individual manufacturing).

cheers !!
Vin
PS: I followed you and thanks.
1608160165698.png

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ehm.. Missing something. What is the manufaturer ?
I'm pretty certain that 丸信仰 製造元 means Manufactured by Maru Shinko. So that's my best guess. If there's a stamp on the tools themselves that might help make it a little more certain.

win320

Mame
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that 丸信仰 製造元 means Manufactured by Maru Shinko. So that's my best guess. If there's a stamp on the tools themselves that might help make it a little more certain.
I will receive it soon, once I collect it from my friend, he got them in USA so when he visits India, my friend will give it to my brother and when I visit India I will collect from my brother, its a long way but then wait is worth.

I will click the pics of the stamp on the tools and click the pick of the whole packaging...
Thanks again :)

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My japanese is non-existent. Search for bonsai maru shinko I did not get any helpfull hits.

If anybody knows who trades these tools, that would be great.

Top Bottom