Visions of the American West

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Forgive me for playing the cynic, Rockm, but the headliners, with one exception, don't strike me as "pure American bonsai," featuring "Visions of the American West," except perhaps that they will most likely be using mainly native species. If Kimura works on a RMJ in Reno under the watchful eye of a coyote, is it "pure American bonsai"?"

:rolleyes: :DI knew someone would chime in on this The title isn't really Japanese is it? It isn't "Visions of Omiya" Maybe, given the American material being used, it MIGHT not be a typical "Kimura juniper" event...???

Oikophobia permeates bonsai in America. I've never been a big fan of this juvenile nonsense wherever it readed its ugly head.

I suppose I could be classified as "oikophobia-phobic." So be it. :D

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Would love to see Tony Tickle sand blast some deadwood.

Would love to see Kevin Wilson work on a huge Yew or Juniper.

I'm sure others could add to this ist.

I would love to see an unknown but brilliant Chinese master doing his magic, while an incredibly attactive young lady, dressed as a school-girl, doing the translation in broken English. She would probably be the highlight, and the bonsai demo just a side-show. Following the demo, there would be a Q&A session, when she would try to answer my questions.

This is my secret wish, for the next convention.

Last edited:

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Thank you Grouper for the vocabulary word of the day!

Attila, don't hold your breath.

Top Bottom