Visit to Golden Arrow

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I visited Andy at Golden Arrow Bonsai this past weekend. It was a great experience!

He is a great guy with a lot of great material!

I collect in the Rockies on a regular basis and have found some awesome trees...but I was still suprised at the quantity of awesome trees that Andy has been able to collect. If you're interested in high quality collected material, give him a call or make the trip. It's worthit! You can always take your vacation to the Black Hills; if you've never been I also highly recommend you go. ;)

His website has a lot of trees but it doesn't fully represent what he has in his nursery. I highly recommend calling or a visit. -- I have heard nothing but positive about his customer service, and my experience backs this up.

I also really enjoy his artistic style. He seems to have his very own style and it really speaks to you...especially in person.

Again, if you're in search of nice trees, Andy is a great source!

Happy bonsai,
Dan W.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd love to visit his place. I've got a couple of ponderosas from him and had the chance to see more of his trees - and talk to him - at the National Exhibition in Rochester. Nice guy and have only heard good things about him.

Chris

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sounds like a great place. Someday I want to get up that way, somewhere I've never been except for (yikes) in the winter... Want to go see the badlands too...
I've heard terrific things about his customer service too.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Visited the badlands briefly, about 20 years ago (yikes!). Amazing place! You should definitely see it if you can.

Chris

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Andy is a prince, I bought many trees from him. His material is top notch. He has a couple of videos that are very helpful in working with his trees, a good investment.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you search "Andy smith bonsai" in YouTube you'll find videos of him collecting. They're great and I would recommend them.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As I am such a good person I can never go to the BADLANDS !!!

Actually I have always wanted to get back there, I was there as a young child with my family and barely remember it, mainly the colors of the hills stuck with me.

ed

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I was going to start my own thread about golden arrow but saw this one so I figure I will put my two cents here. I just received a tree today from the burlap bonanza sale. Andy was great to deal with via email, quick responses. I got a great looking ponderosa pine for what I believe is an excellent price. The tree was packaged very well.

In addition Andy refunded some of my money because shipping was less than expected. That right there shows me that he is a stand up honest guy and I hope to do business with him again.

Top Bottom