Vote For What pot to repot a Caitlin Elm into?

What pot to use??

Votes: 13 25.0%

Votes: 9 17.3%

Votes: 7 13.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 7.7%

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
# 6 is appropriately sized and suitable depth and color! The oval seems fine with the trunk size and design style.
I would rework the roots to allow for a better fit within the pot. ( not as highly mounded up )
That’s why I am repotting it. The current pot is it’s first bonsai pot from a nursery can. It will sit a lot lower after the repot.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mad props for putting the numbers on the pictures.

The 6's being at the top prove laziness.

The 1's have it right.

Speak Damn it.

The 3 trunks speak of family.

The push and pull which is the masculine and feminine necessity according to Dr. Jordan Peterson.

Just had a 3 hour conversation with my almost tree who is 9 now about life, God (of any current book and the older Hindu one), and Humans.

There is always one correct answer.

Love.

Sorce

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
IMHO 6 is the best if you want to keep the actual size. Any of others will be ok if you want to get it bigger, but 5 is the worst visual option, for my personal taste, it is too heavy. One rule I like is that the hight of the pot will be similar of the caliper of the tachiagari.
2022-01-19_10h06_25.jpg
Cheers.

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Number 5...and BTW the elm variety is "Catlin" not "caitlin," Named for John Catlin who discovered it in California in the 1950's

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
3 or 6.

Sharp angles create direct, visual pulls in directions...

I feel that distracts from "everything going on" in your multi-trunked canopy.

🥸

john blanch

Yamadori
Reaction score
Red to unglazed brown to complement the green foliage. Or grey to complement the bark. Or beige to yellow to complement the autumn foliage. Or a mixture in glazes.
Length just within the foliage at either side, depth just over the thickness of the trunk.
Davidlpf good illustration to follow. If you're looking for a portrayal of a tree in a meadow that changes the length but I'd stick to my suggestions for colour. The last pot is a good shape for the growth pattern of your tree, strong, feminine. But I'd prefer rectangle.

Top Bottom