Vote For What pot to repot a Caitlin Elm into?

What pot to use??

Votes: 13 25.0%

Votes: 9 17.3%

Votes: 7 13.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 7.7%

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
And now Mwar is saying his is a catlin too! NOT a Caitlin, this tree is a catlin.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
@mwar15 I'm not surprised your catlin (not Caitlin to be clear) has a southern California history. They have a strong history there but are now sold throughout the country. I've seen them sold in Florida on several occasions.

They are a dwarf and not only grow slowly but have extremely small leaves. Mine is different than any Ulmus I've seen.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Cadillactaste pm'ed me and said she has a CATLIN elm, not a Caitlin elm as you said. You're confused!

If you still don't believe in catlin elms, here's a video of the Pacific Bonsai Museum repotting a famous catlin elm forest. The Pacific Bonsai Museum didn't make a misspelling!

Uh, bruh, I posted this vid earlier explaining that yeah, Caitlin elm is a misspelling and Catlin is the correct name...YOU said you had a Caitlin elm from Jason...Look at post #31 in this string...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Cadillactaste pm'ed me and said she has a CATLIN elm, not a Caitlin elm as you said. You're confused!

If you still don't believe in catlin elms, here's a video of the Pacific Bonsai Museum repotting a famous catlin elm forest. The Pacific Bonsai Museum didn't make a misspelling!

Actually...YOU are confused. DO NOT put words in my mouth. RockM said I mentioned of my typo. Which was correct. I said as much to you.

*I do not miss this FOOLISHNESS. RockM was correct all along.

Typos happen. Move on...but don't belittle an upstanding member with your nonsense.
Screenshot_20220223-165903_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Actually...YOU are confused. DO NOT put words in my mouth. RockM said I mentioned of my typo. Which was correct. I said as much to you.

*I do not miss this FOOLISHNESS. RockM was correct all along.

Typos happen. Move on...but don't belittle an upstanding member with your nonsense.
View attachment 421715
You have got to make use of the ignore button 😁

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Rockm, you tried to tell me on another thread that catlin's were a misspelling.. You dragged me into this thread with all your cutting and pasting. I never voted on Mwar's tree although it's a beautiful tree. When you dragged me into a thread I'd never even read it got tiresome. Leave me alone.

Mwar just stated that his tree IS a catlin and NOT a caitlin. It's 30 to 40 years old, they grow very slowly.

Cadillactaste sent me a video and I could not see it or read it. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

You only need to watch the video from the Pacific Bonsai Museum and you'll see that catlins are NOT a misspelling.

Going to bonsai nurseries, museums and classes is a great way to see what's out there btw.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Thank you Carol. This has been confusing. I've been dragged into this thread and misspoke. I do have a caitlin and not a Catlin. I'm not an expert on either but I I have a caitlin. I didn't expect to be speaking about either but got emails that I was being quoted on this thread. I hadn't even read the thread and seeing the quotes was disturbing

I have a caitlin and they are available by a few sellers online. It's the same tree Mwar has. I think I confused him.

Am in the middle of a home renovation and trying to work and getting those emails really put me off! Please do your own research. Call a seller you know and respect and ask what they know. There are a few sellers of caitlins online. They're a dwarf variety

I'd never seen the small tree before I bought it. Jason said to me 'You know that's not a Catlin? "Yes, because I'd read the sign" We were rushing to leave but he spoke about the spelling and a few other things! I hadn't read this thread and I can't read or see a video Cadillactaste sent me when I asked her about it.

So now I'm misspelling the two...The last thing I wanted to talk about today was bonsai so my apologies. I apologize that now I've wasted your time too! I'm going back to what I'm trying to get done. Mwar, I'm so glad you picked a pot before this started!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I think this thread is the same misunderstanding.. twice..

It's cool!

Everybody..

Lower...

Ya'guuuns..

See?... isn't that better...

We're all on the same side taters... we ALL are, NOW... after the Misunderstandings, saying the same thing/agreeing... we're all here for the chowder... Let's just mix like good lil spuds.

There WAS confusion..

Now there is none.. (but I MAY be incorrect 😂😂)

Move and look forward..

Backwards is for suckers..

...*reads that all*..

Oof-dah! 🤦🏽‍♂️

Queaighttlyyn Elm!

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Alright, to beat a dead horse… I went by my friend’s house. He told me the story, he got this tree from John Catlin’s widow after Jon passed back in the day. Along with a few other Catlin elms. From these few trees he used cuttings to grow all his stock. Which, my tree is from.
B5568E89-9ABE-4B90-968D-A9863C6549AC.jpeg

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Alright, to beat a dead horse… I went by my friend’s house. He told me the story, he got this tree from John Catlin’s widow after Jon passed back in the day. Along with a few other Catlin elms. From these few trees he used cuttings to grow all his stock. Which, my tree is from.
View attachment 422437
That’s pretty damn cool!
Here’s one of it’s bruh’s 😀

Top Bottom