VOTE NOW! for your favorite trees displayed in the the Margaret Holton Winter Silhouette Virtual Bonsai Show

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Sound Bonsai the newsletter of the Puget Sound Bonsai Association invites you to vote now

You only have a limited amount of time to vote for your favorite three trees in the Margaret Holton Winter Silhouette Virtual Show.

Go to our beautiful, new, club website and vote now! https://www.pugetsoundbonsai.com/coming-up/

There are many beautiful trees. Our club is lucky to have so many gifted and talented artists. Each tree is fascinating. Enjoy!

Louisinass

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
MAR
I LOVE PINUS THUNERGII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice to see that. Reckon I can guess what’ll win, but I voted them in second and third 😉

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
The black pine and the elm was very good . Black pine was a nice shohin and the elm had a weird windswept movement. I’m a beginner and I wonder what the others picked

Forrestford

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My favorite was the Korean hornbeam on page 26, its so gnarly looking. I like the Douglas fir on 38 too

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Some spectacular trees here thanks for sharing! The Pond Cypress and Subalpine Fir grabbed me. I'm not a Bunjin nerd but that Blue Atlas Cedar may have converted me 😍

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Some nice specimens... My favorite conifer and deciduous.
*Limber Pine, 5 years in training. Loved the trunk movement and tree. (page 11)
* Chinese Elm by David DeGroot (Page 43)
Our club is blessed with many fine, experienced, bonsai artists and teachers. Among them are both Dave DeGroot and Dan Robinson who have trees in our show. Besides being really nice guys, they are both very generous with their time, advice and encouragement. Their generosity, in this way, is a precious gift to all of us.
The voting will end shortly. To be honest, we are all excitedly awaiting results.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Our club is blessed with many fine, experienced, bonsai artists and teachers. Among them are both Dave DeGroot and Dan Robinson who have trees in our show. Besides being really nice guys, they are both very generous with their time, advice and encouragement. Their generosity, in this way, is a precious gift to all of us.
The voting will end shortly. To be honest, we are all excitedly awaiting results.
I would have liked a better image of Dan's larch to be honest. It drew me in. But shadows lost some of the visual for me.

Love when ones do have the accessibility of ones well known and have that for their clubs. That is great.

David wv

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I could never judge a show, so many awesome!!! trees. Its hard to choose but I would say may 1st choice would be page 35, Dan's larch, it is so crazy, I would love to see it in person. 2nd is page 27, Dan's Korean hornbeam, when he says a really old trees should be gnarly, he knows how to pull it off. 3rd, the opposite of gnarly is page 27 the Japanese maple, 65 years of training!!! wow, a very well done twin trunk. 4th page 9, Korean hornbeam is beautiful. The crabapple is also great. I love the branch structure of the Japanese maple on page 42, its very natural. The windblown elm is amazing.
The zelkova on page 14 almost looks like it is 2 or more trees fused together, does anyone know if it is, or if it is possible to fuse zelkova?

Top Bottom