• cishepard’s Skyrocket Juniper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is the official closing of The Little Christmas Tree Contest.

The contest thread is here:

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/the-little-christmas-tree-contest-2020-2023.41048/

Of the 37 original entries, a few trees have died and quite a few of the members just don’t frequent the forum much anymore. Only 8 of us posted final photos of our trees.
Please cast your votes using whatever criteria you desire, be it most creative, best use of the material, ”follows the rules”, “breaks all the rules”, or simply the tree that you like the most : )

At the beginning of the contest @Eckhoffw offered up a cedar grow box as a prize for the contest winner. Perhaps he can chime in on this thread once the poll has closed, in 5 days from now.

(Please don’t start voting until I get all 8 of the photos posted to this thread … thx)

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
This is the official closing of The Little Christmas Tree Contest.

The contest thread is here:

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/the-little-christmas-tree-contest-2020-2023.41048/

Of the 37 original entries, a few trees have died and quite a few of the members just don’t frequent the forum much anymore. Only 8 of us posted final photos of our trees.
Please cast your votes using whatever criteria you desire, be it most creative, best use of the material, ”follows the rules”, “breaks all the rules”, or simply the tree that you like the most : )

At the beginning of the contest @Eckhoffw offered up a cedar grow box as a prize for the contest winner. Perhaps he can chime in on this thread once the poll has closed, in 5 days from now.
Yep. Still have it for the winner.
Probably pretty dusty. 😄

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And the winner is Colorado’s Blue Spruce!
( @Colorado )
Thanks to all who participated in the Little Christmas Tree Contest. I entered a few contests when I first joined Bnut, and this was the first one that I completed. It was fun at the start, but enthusiasm wans and tastes change as the years go by as is evidenced by the lagging participation. It has certainly been a lesson in patience and perseverance, as are most things bonsai. I did learn some things and I will enter other contests but maybe with more of discerning eye towards material that I will be likely to keep on my benches long term (such as the winning blue spruce!).
Cheers, everyone : )

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks @cishepard for doing this and congratulations to @Colorado for your deserved victory. I somehow missed this vote thread despite looking for it, but I would have voted the way of the winner as well. That little spruce will be a lovely tree as time moves on and I hope you still post progress over the years to show what can be done with readily available material. Same goes for @PherPhace who deserves an honourable mention for your lovely entry as well.

I think, unfortunately, as most most of the old hats will have no doubt noted at the time, that 3 years was never enough for a largely conifer based contest to really get any proper refinement but it taught me about care of of spruces and their growing cycles nonetheless.

Some have lost interest, some have had casualties, some have chopped and changed and some have ended up with handsome little trees, but I am sure that we have all learnt some useful things along the way, so good job those who stuck it out in the end.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This contest was a ton of fun! Thank you very much to the organizers for keeping us in line. Congrats to everyone who made it to the finish line!

And I am flattered that the community liked this humble little spruce :)

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Fun contest, everyone. I didn't get a chance to vote, but TJs Blue Spruce was my favorite as well. Congratulations and we'll done @Colorado ! Thanks to everyone who participated. It was fun to see the evolution of this contest.

Top Bottom