Vouiu Bonsai Tools

JesusFreak

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I got the same set. The shears are a piece of junk. Everything else is decent. I’m wondering what’s the best set of shears are? I obviously don’t want to spend $100 on a set but I want something that will last.

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I got the same set. The shears are a piece of junk. Everything else is decent. I’m wondering what’s the best set of shears are? I obviously don’t want to spend $100 on a set but I want something that will last.
I ended up buying the set. I agree that the shears are really not good lol. I bought the set of 4 for 80 bucks canadian I think. The other three, branch cutters knob cutters and trunk splitters feel pretty good for cheap tools. I also bought a root rake for 20$ so all in all got a set of decent tools for 100$ CDN.

As for the shears I ended up getting A pair of stainless scissors from a surplus store near me. Really sharp and work well. It really depends if you want something that looks and feels like bonsai shears, or if you want something that works. You could very well just go to a local hardware store, surplus store, or garden centre and buy a pair of very sharp scissors or pruning shears that work.

Jure_v

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I saw you were talking anout Tian tools.
Today i just recieved concave cutter and looks very good if i compare with 10usd china cutter haha.
I have question for experts.
I havent found any info about function of knob on handles. Does it need to touch other handle just when blades touches or what is its purpuse?

Attachments

• 20201215_183057.jpg
    20201215_183057.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 14

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I havent found any info about function of knob on handles. Does it need to touch other handle just when blades touches or what is its purpuse?
It stops the cutting blade from damaging itself against the sisterblade.

Jure_v

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks.
Ok then i understand it right. So unfortunately on those cutter it is just a little gap. Maybe for less then 0.5mm. Think i can fix this.

Newish in Oregon

Yamadori
Reaction score
I just received a set of stainless tools for Christmas by a company called Vouiu. Does anyone have any experience with these? I guess they are from Amazon but I've never heard their name. They feel solid and the blades look well enough made (proper overlapping, no gaps).
Now ~3 years post acquisition, what's your assessment of these tools?

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Me too. I bought some individual pieces, not set.
The tools look very good, they feel robust and have a bright steel finish,...but the edges are not sharp enough.

As # Atom # 28 says the concave cutter do not cut the wood, compress the branch. There is no clean cut, which helps close the wound.
I'm sorry, but they work like the Amazon Starter Set. Poorly

To get better cuts, I used a tungsten sharpener.

I bought my old Tian Bonsai for a few dollars more and there is a huge difference. Also cheap and in stainless steel. But they cut like a barber's blade 💈 .
Please add location to profile with climate Zone for good help if planning to stick around;).

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Copy from the website of Kaneshin:
The stopper was things to protect the edge before. But, now the technique of factory have risen than before.
And so, the edge is demaged without stopper. Therefore, now stopper is only an ornament.

See the bottom part of this image, or click on the link to visit the website and the image.
Link: https://kaneshin.shop2.multilingualcart.com/index_en_JPY_1.html

mataeda_all_en.jpg

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Thanks for that. The text was in the image so I had to type it over and I clearly forgot one essential word.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Me too. I bought some individual pieces, not set.
The tools look very good, they feel robust and have a bright steel finish,...but the edges are not sharp enough.

As # Atom # 28 says the concave cutter do not cut the wood, compress the branch. There is no clean cut, which helps close the wound.
I'm sorry, but they work like the Amazon Starter Set. Poorly

To get better cuts, I used a tungsten sharpener.

I bought my old Tian Bonsai for a few dollars more and there is a huge difference. Also cheap and in stainless steel. But they cut like a barber's blade 💈 .
Also bought a small set a couple years back.
They quickly became backup tools. Or when I’m cutting into dirt. Still cut wire though, which is handy!🤣

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I have the concave cutters, they're good for a discount tool.

Top Bottom