Wabi sabi thread

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is a great thread. I don't understand why Anthony would want to derail it with negative energy. Let's keep the positive energy flowing!

A ruined ancient castle. The passage of time. Death and decay, with flowers growing up from the floors of what was once full of lively people living their lives, drinking, eating, fighting, and loving.
Like NYC?

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't understand

I believe Anthony was just guiding us towards the truth.

Always remember, that the East believes in DUTY and the West
works with LOVE as the highest value.

Dr. Peterson considers the Truth the Highest Value.
It must be or we wouldn't be dutiful or loving to what is real.

I don't think this is negative at all. Then again, I have been growing more and more angry about how the media and society amplifies the negative attributes of any idea so loudly that the positive in anything is becoming lost.

Playing with Mocha Diffusion.

20210211_104825.jpg

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

Dr. Peterson considers the Truth the Highest Value.
It must be or we wouldn't be dutiful or loving to what is real.

I don't think this is negative at all. Then again, I have been growing more and more angry about how the media and society amplifies the negative attributes of any idea so loudly that the positive in anything is becoming lost.

Playing with Mocha Diffusion.

View attachment 354854

Sorce
Insects under the microscope?

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't believe there is a good reason to be cryptic and offer warnings to people who wish to explore a concept. The OP simply wanted to discuss wabi sabi, not trying to figure out if he said something wrong because of a cryptic warning from Anthony. That is infusing a thread with negativity and derailing the original intent.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
It's a coincidence to find this topic as I just wrote 2 pages on wabi-sabi this afternoon. What about this bonsai?
View attachment 355068 View attachment 355069
Voice Recorder

Simple, fragile, imperfect and the emotion provoked by this little flower offered which evokes the season.

No show of force or rigorous application of established rules, "the hand of man" is erased.
I like 👍

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would love to hear your view on this subject. Are these two pages available somewhere? I find it hard to match the pictures to wabi sabi.

Is it just the beauty of aging and imperfection?

View attachment 355117
Thanks. I did not finish this subject yet. I will post it here as soon as I can. I recognize it is difficult for Westerner to understand this subject deeply, just as literati bonsai. However, I will try my best to make it clearly!
Simple, fragile, imperfect and the emotion provoked by this little flower offered which evokes the season.

No show of force or rigorous application of established rules, "the hand of man" is erased.
I like 👍
Thanks for your input. I totally agree with you. It also creates the quietness, loneliness of wabi and lean, chill of sabi.
Thụ Thoại

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I guess it's no coincidence that Bitcoin is the brainchild of a Japanese gentleman. It's difficult to understand deeply and is going to leave many westerners in quietness, loneliness and with a chill in their pocketbook. And the hand of man will not be in evidence because there is nothing there but thin air.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I guess it's no coincidence that Bitcoin is the brainchild of a Japanese gentleman.
If you know who Satoshi Nakamoto is, I'm sure the world would love to know. It's presumed that Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym. But no one has ever confirmed the identity and most of the people who have been suspected to be Nakamoto aren't Japanese.

Here's one I took a long time ago that I've always been fond of.

_MG_4678.jpg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
He had the foresight to die before people began to look for him. Foresight, or luck, good or bad. Hard to say. BTC is absolutely incompatible with the creature from Jekyll Island, and he will eventually tear its heart out. I don't know how or when, but all creatures defend their territory to the death, and this is the most powerful creature, ever. This is for all the marbles.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
In a presentation with several elements, the wabi-sabi of the small accent plant will allow to highlight the main tree, each of the two elements will be enriched by the presence of the other, the simplicity and fragility of a grass or a small moss represent the biotope.
Wabi-sabi is may be easier to find and reveal in shitakusa than in the main tree.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess it's no coincidence that Bitcoin is the brainchild of a Japanese gentleman. It's difficult to understand deeply and is going to leave many westerners in quietness, loneliness and with a chill in their pocketbook. And the hand of man will not be in evidence because there is nothing there but thin air.
Could you please stop spewing unrelated bullshit into interesting threads?

Can we please bring this back to the aim of the OP, Wabi Sabi and related images of its interpretation?

1613715696804.png

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Maybe the reason I, and fellow westerners who want to practice bonsai at the highest levels without having to immerse ourselves in Asian philosophy at post doctoral levels and learn the jargon in the Japanese language laugh at wabi-sabi is that those learned would-be teachers insist upon making it as esoteric as possible. It's a lot like trying to understand run-on sentences. If you only speak in the Japanese jargon, then the listener has to look up the key parts of every thing you say. I got better things to do that I actually enjoy.

There's the old saw, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Then, the other side of the coin, "When the teacher is ready, the student will appear."

Top Bottom