Waiting for Plucking Season

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This JBP shohin is waiting to be plucked along with a few others that I have. We lucked out here in Tx. this year, our summer wasn't anything near what it should have been so this guy didn't take the heat bad at all. :)

Thomas J.

Attachments

• jbpshohin2.jpg
    jbpshohin2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 136
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now that is a bonsai! Finally! Very nicely done Thomas, I like the movement and the branches, well refined placement and a great visual image.

Will

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will,
Yes it is a beautiful bonsai, and shohin also. Too bad I can't take any credit for any of it yet. It was a recent purchase this summer, and time will tell whether or not I have any JBP skills as I work with it through the various pinching and plucking seasons.:D

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will,
Yes it is a beautiful bonsai, and shohin also. Too bad I can't take any credit for any of it yet. It was a recent purchase this summer, and time will tell whether or not I have any JBP skills as I work with it through the various pinching and plucking seasons.:D

Did you candle this one this summer, or the previous owner (whom I met in January, by the way)?

The new needles look incredibly uniform, what a great little tree. A show-stopper anywhere in the country, even Boon's show, regardless of its diminutive stature.

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Chris,
Yes I worked with the previous owner on the decandeling on July 4th, that's the day he likes to start his decandeling on his JBPs. This one actually belonged to someone who had to move back to China and had the previous owner try and sell his trees for him. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.:)

Thomas J.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Dang it!
Where was I at the time?
Mom

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Chris,
Yes I worked with the previous owner on the decandeling on July 4th, that's the day he likes to start his decandeling on his JBPs. This one actually belonged to someone who had to move back to China and had the previous owner try and sell his trees for him. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.:)

Thomas J.

For a shohin in Texas, that's probably right. Great tree, good luck with it!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really like the pot for this tree. Tell me, is the moss growing on the nebari, or is that just soil mounded up?

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will,
The little guy comes in right at 8 inches:)

Chris,
Yes that's the nebari you see and not a mound. The moss was even coming up the trunk in the back but I removed most of it. Had to be careful not to peel away any bark with it.:eek:

I really like the pot for this tree.

That was the one thing I liked about every tree he was selling, it seemed like every one had the perfect pot for it:D

Last edited:

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well I finally finished the plucking on this one over the weekend. I also had to do some rewiring and I killed off the moss since it was growing too far up the trunk. I'll put more moss on after the spring repotting.:)

Attachments

• 1420.jpg
    1420.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 41
  • post4.jpg
    post4.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 54

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Awesome tree Thomas!!! That is the type of tree that almost everyone in bonsai would kill to have in thier collection.... I really like the lichens growing on the right side of the trunk and first branch. I assume anyways that is what it is?

Well done!!

Jason

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice tree Thomas. I am beginning to kick by behind after your emails and some offers on those pines. I was at the time saving up for....

conventions....trees

conventions...trees.

CONVENTIONS!

I can get the tree later.

About 4000.00 between the three I went to this year. I wonder what kind of shohin pine I could have gotten from Kenji for that?;)

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jason,
really good eye. Yes that is lichen growing on the tree.:)

Al,
I was really hoping at the time that you would take advantage of some of the JPBs I was showing.
I know your really into the shohin scene and you would of had a great piece of material to work with.
As far as I know there are still a few left but probably around the $1600 dollar figure, something like the tree below.;)
Thomas

Attachments

• ttree.JPG
    ttree.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 40

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Damn!!!!

still have one more conventiuon in Feb.!!!

Damn!!!!

Deep breath...sigh:(

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Feb. is down the road apiece,

Live for today:cool:

Top Bottom