Wakaebisu shohin blooms

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
That is a lovely photo, nicely bloomed, well grown Wakaebisu. Really nice. Don't change what you are doing.

The pot is a fairly good match for your tree. The color compliments the flowers, and for most of the year compliments the foliage well.

The go to for pink and salmon pink azalea is more a cream white, or pale blue, or pale green colors. Either solid colors or glazes with streaks of many colors.

As said before by others, there are no hard and fast rules. Because azaleas are gaudy when in bloom, bolder colors and or bold shapes work well with them, which means there really is not limit to the color, style or type of pot most appropriate for azalea. From painted landscapes to burnished unglazed clay pots anything in between will work.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I really like this tree, I've always liked Wakaebisu. Does this one rebloom for you? I also like the pot combination for this, happy hunting for another similar yet nicer pot. It does deserve it, thanks for sharing it.

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Judy. It would rebloom if I let it, but at this time in its development I pull every blossom and newly forming seed pod in about two weeks or so to encourage veg growth. There’s a lot of them !!! Sometimes I leave a few buds here and there to enjoy thru the summer. But right now I am mostly still developing branches. This bonsai has an exceptional trunk for a small tree. I will get some pics up soon.

Top Bottom