Walnut wood Shohin Stand

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very Nice craftsmanship

However, if you're going for a cascade stand, it should probably be a bit taller. If going for a regular stand, it should be shorter for its size.

artofthedaiza

Shohin
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada Mountains 2 hours east of Sacramento
Very Nice craftsmanship

However, if you're going for a cascade stand, it should probably be a bit taller. If going for a regular stand, it should be shorter for its size.
For the last few years, people are switching to slightly taller stands to raise the negative higher into view and see under the canopy.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is what it is and a lot of folks have a tree that makes it just right. Don't get caught up in convention, it is art .............or is it craft? (oh no! .... shouldn't have gone there)

artofthedaiza

Shohin
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada Mountains 2 hours east of Sacramento
The style of this stand is considered traditional and has been the norm for a very long time.
Probably because Kokofu books use mostly the same “furniture” type stands year after year that have this look.
I often chuckle to myself when remembering being told when I first started making stands to NEVER make up my own designs and only build this traditional style.😊
My best selling stands are my newer designs.
I’ll never forget when at the GSBF show years ago when Ryan Neil brought a group if folks over to my vending table and said “This is what I’m talking about! New fresh stand ideas for a new look of American bonsai!”

Top Bottom